May 16, 2020

SATURDAY


My Jersey Boy is playing the golf, so I am taking advantage of the quiet to get back to Baked Alaska. I am slowly making my way across the lower left corner, with slowly being the key word.

I feel like I have been underwater this week, and all I've done is sleep. My nurse at treatment yesterday suggested that it might be seasonal allergies, which I appreciated, but I think my tiny little brain has finally thrown her hands up and said "Screw it. I'm going to bed."

My dreams, however, are anything but ordinary. They seem to be full-on movies with intricate plots and interesting characters and surprise endings. Some leave me laughing and hopeful. Others make me want my Mommie.

We have full provisions for the week thanks to a grocery shop this morning. I actually had the wherewithal to plan a menu and write a good list, so all Magoo had to do was find the items as requested. Tonight will be burgers on English muffins and potato salad, tomorrow will be no peek chicken with rice and a green veg, and next week we'll have salmon and au gratin potatoes, steak tips on rice, and pork cutlet with broccoli rabe.

(Before you remind me that I am trying to lose another 50 pounds before Wednesday, I will promise you that my portions of said menu will be very small and salad will fill the majority of my plate.)

The towels and bedding are getting their splosh today, and if all goes well, I might actually consider washing a wall or two to see what formula works best on the soot. I bought a soot erasing sponge (also called a chemical sponge), but it doesn't seem to do the job. Today, though, I think I will try some good old Dawn dish soap and hot water on the front door wall:
Yikes! I am embarrassed to show you how filthy that is! My mo-ther and Stewey would both be completely mortified.

Happy Saturday, Dearies! I hope your neck of the woods is lovely and peaceful today and that you get to do whatever your heart desires! Come tell me all about it!

11 comments:

  1. I can't see the soot ---- and I don't think it could be that bad but if it bothers you, then I do hope the Dawn works. That stuff works on most anything! Your menus sound delicious! I hope today is a great day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Dawn doesn't do the trick, you might try melamine sponges, like the very expensive Mr. clean magic erasers, without the price point. Any cleaner or plain water works well with them. Glad you have been resting and hope you bounce back well for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you so often, and we're all rooting for you when it comes to the weight you need to get rid of. Have a restful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie, First of all, hugs! It definately is a hard time and you have so much more to deal with. I wish I were close and could help in some way but please know I really do care about you. I know many others feel the same. Do what you need each day and let the rest go. Your body knows best. I love to see your stitching, it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always a slow stitcher, Coni. Welcome to my world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni don't worry - nobody can see it, just you. Breathe girl, breathe!
    Nice dinners coming up.
    As for the dreams, well both myself and hubby have been having nightmares. Two of which were identical (the only difference being that I yell out and he doesn't) and only when I mentioned one this morning, found out he had the same yesterday about ice. Some are recurring ones for me. Although one tidal wave dream that I used to have I now seem to have cracked it - I surf it. I cannot surf in reality - I have no sense of balance on the board - but in the dream I'm up and cruising along that wave!
    I put them down to being unable to control a situation and the subconscious is playing it out in dreams. I gather that phenomenon is playing tricks on the population all over according to one report by a psychologist. So we are all in good company. Hang on to the good ones with hope and fun. Best recurring dream - living in a thatched cottage with a beautiful garden and a white picket fence and sunshine, open a gate and run across a sandy lane to the beach. That's my ray of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coni, Baked Alaska is looking good. Your menu for the coming week sounds delicious. What is no peek chicken? Sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are getting some rest; your body must be telling you it is needed. I focus on doing the things that I enjoy most. If you have an "unwanted" task, maybe JB would join in to help and it will make light work of it with the two of you,maybe even be a little fun. LOL It is hard to diet but I commend you for hanging in there to reach your goal. Happy stitching and find the joy in each day as it comes............

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried Windex for your walls? I have used it on several things and have had good results. Hang in there with the diet, just take one day at a time...you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baked Alaska is looking scrumptious! I will ask my husbands grandmother what she uses on her walls. She will be 90 this November and still heats her house with a wood stove in the living room of the house she lives in all by herself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sprayway has a wall cleaner I use on my light gray walls. It's definitely cheaper than the Mr. Clean sponges and works just as well. With 2 kids I'm always cleaning dirty walls! I find it at TJ Maxx but Amazon carries their products as well. Just be sure to use a paper towel b/c dish cloths leave fuzz and sometimes their color bleeds on light walls. Another idea, make a blue Dawn and baking soda paste. The baking soda would also help with the soot smell🙂 if that's an issue. Blue Dawn is amazing, I even use it in the laundry. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete