Apr 23, 2020

OH WELL...

I really didn't mean to get everybody's skirts blown up by the idea of me getting another dog. It is, most definitely, just a crazy pipe dream for me at the moment, Dearies. The logistics right now just don't work, especially when I get the call to head to Indy for transplant.

As for a cat, I am, unfortunately, allergic.

(Please don't suggest a hairless cat. I'm sure they are lovely pets, but I find them a bit disconcerting...much like decaf coffee.)

Today has started slow and sleepy. Treatment yesterday just knocked me right out, and I ended up going to bed at 7:00 and staying there until 9:00 this morning! Cold gloomy rain isn't helping matters any, but I am cozy in my flannel jammies and going to stay that way.

I do have a video chat with Dr Melfi at 1:00, so I have that to look forward to. Magoo is heading to the grocery for provisions, and then it will be time to contemplate dinner. I am thinking that a nice salad with grilled chicken might be a good idea.

Are you all well and safe and taking good care of yourselves? Please come tell me how you're doing...good or bad....and know that I'm thinking about you!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Connie. Today I spent more hours stitching than I ever have in one day! And I'm 64 years old and have been cross stitching for over 30 years! I love seeing what you are working on and I actually purchased the Mary Poppins chart and kitted it up because I saw you working on/finishing it. I was planning to take it to England on May 9 this year - my husband and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary on the 10th and had a 3 week trip to England booked. Sadly that has been postponed but I will save my project until we can actually go. All is well in our little world except I can't hug my granddaughters! I look forward to reading your blog every day. Best wishes - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone's all up in your business because you want a dog, Coni? Well, of COURSE you want a dog. Hellloooooo! You are a loving human being that just wants to share that love with something that will give it back to you unconditionally. Duh. I have serious puppy fever right along with you. Like you, I lost a very precious puppy (Jemimah....Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) to a cancerous tumor on her throat in 2014. It's taken me this long to be able to talk about her without crying and I'm now getting the feeling that I could, maybe, let my heart open to the indescribable love (and the unbearable pain that will eventually come with it) of getting another dog. However, also like you, now is not really the time to take on that responsibility. I know that. YOU know that. But nobody, NOBODY, should be telling you what your heart is allowed to want. So you just look at all the puppy pictures and feel all the feels if that makes you happy, because, one day, you are going to be in the position to say, "Yes! THAT's MY puppy!" about one of those cute little critters. And so will I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said - dreams are good to have! It is a goal to aim for - you stick to the puppy dream.
    Here, watered the veg, pricked out seedlings in the greenhouse and potted up some tomato plants, even started setting up the poles in the greenhouse ready for the tomatoes. Then it got hot! So a bit of a lazy day and now out before the heat picks up again - no wind today so no relief there! Hope the rain has eased and your balcony beckons for some damn good outside. :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same old routine here -- chores, stitching, reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just so happy that someday some lucky little puppy will get to go live with you :) Things are going well here. I taught my fifth grader long division last week. Hopefully I didn't lead him too far off track!

    ReplyDelete