Apr 13, 2020

AND ALL OF A SUDDEN IT'S DYNGUS DAY!!!

Happy Monday, and Happy Dyngus Day, Dearies!

Here in Hoosierville, the Monday after Easter is celebrated according to Polish tradition, with lots of Polish sausage and frolicking and whatnot. It is also the traditional start of the political season, so oftentimes, the frolicking involves politicians politicking, too.

Not being of Polish persuasion, I am still unclear of the particulars, but I think it involves boys throwing water on girls and girls whipping boys about the heads with tree branches (or something to that effect).

All I know for sure is that in my younger days you were often asked if you were going "Dyngusing", but I never did.

Our weekend feasting was swell. Rich thoroughly enjoyed his turkey feast on Saturday, and I enjoyed my ham feast on Sunday:


(The red on the second plate is pickled beets and hard boiled eggs....an Easter staple that I look forward to every year!)  There was also peach pie for dessert, but we scarfed it down before I had a chance to take a pic.

On the movie front, it was Shaft on Friday night and Yesterday on Saturday. We also started watching The Outsider on HBO, but I am still unsure if I will make it all the way through, since it is a little too creepy/horror/Steven Kingish for me.

Today is cold and windy, so I will probably snuggle under my blanket and zone out for a bit. We're having a fair bit of trouble with Buzzy, so it looks like I'm going to have to head to the Access Center for a checkup/rotorooter appointment.

On the reading front, I finished Where the Crawdads Sing and thought it very good. Last night, I started The Watchmaker's Daughter, and am so far very intrigued.

Well, I think that about does it for me today. I hope you have a splendid Monday and that you'll come yell me all about it!


7 comments:

  1. I don't miss the winters in Northwest Indiana, but I sure do miss the perogies, rugelach, kolache and paczki. I never got into the whole beet thing, but the rest are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni - Is your Watchmaker's Daughter it the 1st in the Glass and Steele series? I love this series. They are fun reads in-between the more lengthy or serious reads. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished Watchmaker's Daughter last night. Nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very tasty. The Outlander sounds familiar, another thing that hubby was watching but I was either upstairs sewing or listening to Youtube with my earplugs in. An unusual choice for him because he doesn't like scary things! LOL! My mum used to work for a TV rental company and they used to hire out videos too. She brought The Omen home so that he could watch it with us. Well I had to bring him from his parents (in days before we were married) and then take him back again because he knew he'd be scared! Interestingly the church featured in the film was near his home and we had our marriage banns read there. Got married near my home though - it was prettier and not as creepy! LOL!

    Here the trees are bursting into leaf. It's beginning to green up all over! Spring has certainly sprung! Happy days! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both meals looked mighty delicious, Coni! Hope Buzzy gets taken care so he settles down and behaves himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very appetizing I think it will be very delicious. Having to stay at home for a long time but eating delicious food Not quite happy, if playing แทงบอลฟรี on the online gambling website, fun, killing time would not be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep hearing about The Outsider. I think I am going to have to give it a go. Your meals look delicious!

    ReplyDelete