Mar 18, 2020

WEDNESDAY


Yesterday was a very odd but lovely day. After waking up at 5am, I had one of the best cups of damn good I've ever had from the $12 coffee pot and then I read the paper and stitched.

After a little nap, I opened the mail and happily discovered a document I was waiting for. JB Magoo was in a car accident in February and totaled the car. He wasn't hurt, thank God, but we've been in a rental for a month and a half because the collision center forgot to file paperwork. The rental expired, so we had to get it back, get the check from insurance, and buy a new car.

Which we did.

In the space of about fifteen minutes.

Without having to leave the apartment.

The insurance guy delivered the check and the new car guy delivered the car, and before I knew what hit me I was trying to figure out what to call her.


I decided on Puff, because she reminded me of the StayPuft Marshmallow Man or a Powder Puff.

Don't get too excited...she's old and has a lot of miles on her, but she will get me to and from dialysis and that's all I need.

When I get a new kidney I might opt for something fancy that I can zoom around in with the wind in my hair.

Stitching continues. I made pretty good progress in Plum Pudding:


I'm off to the d-chair, Dearies. Please stay safe and swell today, do something fun, and come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. Coni, hope chair time goes smoothly today. Plum Pudding is looking good! Nice wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new car is lovely! Very sleek and shiny. I hope that today goes smoothly and that you get to do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call that a 'new to me' car. It looks lovely and cars are lasting longer now. Keep on stitching and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another sweet mouse! And plum pudding looks so good. Happy that JB was unhurt, but love Puff - great name!
    Yesterday was dry-ish, we had a bit of drizzle, but we went out into the veg patch and composted 2 of the beds - now I have somewhere for the garlic and winter onions to go. The chickens seem to have stopped laying - gives us a chance to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new car! Definitely doesn't look old. Plum Pudding is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete