Mar 19, 2020

THURSDAY

Chello, Dearies!

This might be a little bit of a ramble.  I took my sleeping aid last night and things are a bit askew this morning,  I'd love to tell you that this feeling is unpleasant, but truth be told, slightly fuzzy around the edges isn't really all that bad.

I don't have any stitching to report. D-days are now no-stitching days because of our extra precautions, and I am a bit skeevy about carrying my projects out into the world at the moment. I tried to stitch when I got home, but was just too bleary to do so, so it was a nice long snoozy nap in the big girl sleigh bed instead.

The Nurse Practitioner stopped by my chair to check up on my weight, and I am happy to report that I am holding steady at 110kg despite the stress-bingeing that has occurred. I know that I am not alone in that I am eating like there's no tomorrow, but I need to keep that transplant in mind and not completely lose my mind. The transplant weight goal is 112kg, so I have a tiny little bit of wiggle room, but I really don't want/need to push my luck.

But I have to tell ya...corned beef sandwiches have really done the trick!

My day will be simple....read, write, eat, sleep, stitch, plan, and pray. Nothing too dramatic, and nothing too complicated. Dr Melfi has done a brilliant job of teaching me how to dumb it down when I am spiraling out of control, and I find that focusing on those seven things makes for a calm and happy life.

As for the praying, I have always kept my faith pretty close to the vest, but I'm not ashamed to admit that my conversations with the Big Guy are very different now. I freely confess that I'm terrified and then I change the channel and just focus on all of the incredible blessings of my life, and I pray that I will someday be worthy of them. Nothing complicated, I guess. Just an open admission of being a flawed human that is completely hapless without the help of my peoples and a truckload full of Divine intervention.

Thanks for you lovely emails and comments. I apologize that I am unable to reply to the comments on the blog here...for the life of me, I cannot figure out to do so, and I am worried that you think I am ignoring you. Please know that I read each and every one and, when possible, try to reply to you via your email.

My Jersey Boy is doing a pretty good job of holding it together despite the absence of the sports on the TeeVee. He also performed a miracle by coming home with a package of toilet paper and Clorox wipes from the Target, and my heart melted even more when he told me he only took what he thought we would need and left some on the shelf for the next person.

I love this man.

OK...now let's have some fun. As I'm sure you've seen, the Italians are singing from their balconies. (If you're not aware....go to the YouTubes and look for it. As a way to lift spirits, they have taken to singing together.)  Well, guess who has a balcony here at CS2? I am trying to find a song that I can play that might inspire my neighbors here in Hoosierville to copy our Italian brothers and sisters. Something fun and lovely that says "Hey. We're all in this thing together, so we might as well take a minute to share something kind and happy and hopeful."

Suggestions are welcome and much appreciated.

Told you.

Ramble.

I can't help but wonder how Stewey would feel about all of this. I envision him switching his smoking jacket for a lab coat, donning a mask and gloves, and jumping in to provide comfort to the masses. Either that, or he would have harumphed his way onto the ottoman and taken a nap until it was all over.

Oh, how I miss that damn dog.

Well, Dearies...I suppose I had better get on with it. This damn good isn't going to drink itself, and despite my best efforts, the chores have not yet figured out a way to spontaneously get done. I've had to cancel the cleaning lady (as per instructions from dialysis....nobody in until this is over), so methinks  little splishing and sploshing might be in order today.

Happy Thursday. Please be safe and well, gentle with yourself and others, and remember to breathe. And, if you have a secret for weathering this storm....come tell us all about it!


17 comments:

  1. Good afternoon my dear friend. What a great post today, and believe me........it was so joyful. Especially after listening to the news about the virus nearly constantly. I finally told Billy a while ago, that enough was enough, and to turn the rackelfratzel tv off! So tired of gloom and doom!
    Sounds like you're doing great keeping that weight down. Maybe sometime real soon, we'll find that you're ready for that new kidney! I do pray for you whenever you pop into mind, and that is very often.
    I need to get some cleaning done right here at home also. As healthy as I am, I just can't seem to muster up the strength to even get started most of the time. Doctor did some testing for a thyroid check and all was well there. He did say that it very well could be due to the fact that they had my spleen removed when I was in the hospital with ITP. My body works hard to stay healthy and it can tire you. So who knows....Sounds like an excuse I can use though if company stops in unexpectedly!
    We all have to concentrate on the positive right now. It sounds like your list is a perfect way to calm down and relax some.
    The first song I thought of was, "The Ants Go Marching" Why that one I don't know, but the tune is upbeat! I love the idea of watching and listening to you while you're out on the balcony. Hopefully, other neighbors will chimb in.
    You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "One Voice" by Barry Manilow?

    Lynn in southern NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que Sera Sera - (whatever will be, will be) and a good bottle of Bella Sera wine to go with it.
    Keep up the right thinking and progress...transplant soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Starshine! Happiest song from Hair. And if your neighbours don't join in, just enjoy it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might I suggest "Its My Life" by the eternally sexy Bon Jon Jovi. It's fun and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. or Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a Beautiful Morning.... from Oklahoma... sung at dawn!
    Ruth in Oxnard Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "What a Wonderful World" (Louis Armstrong). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your list! Who of us doesn't benefit from prayers and humility. It's quite scary now, but it sounds like you are coping as well as can be to your goal. My prayers include you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about the Monty Python version of “Always look on the Bright Side of Life”..it’s sure to put a smile on your face

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol Rooney - that's one of my favourites! I've been humming Fred Astaire's Let's Face the Music - it has got stuck in my head from somewhere and is a right old ear worm at the moment. I now have visions of JB and Coni twirling around the apartment. Tie dusters onto your swirling skirt and you have cleaned around the place!
    I am so glad you are still keeping trim and have your chin up.
    As for not replying to mails and comments - it doesn't matter - you'd never get away from the keyboard! Everybody understands so no fretting over that!
    As for looking on the bright side I have Marie Kondo-ed the weather - it doesn't give me pleasure! Ah well coffee slurped and now I'm off to let the screaming munchkins out and the quackers (that don't quack - the boy sounds like a steam engine and the girls peep - Muscovy ducks - love them to bits!). Munchkins are the little bantam chickens. The big girls are fewer but make more noise. Good job they are down the field!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this post? It sounds like you are doing all that you need to be doing -- taking care of yourself! You are always in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about "What The World Needs Now Is Love"? I have been catching myself humming that one as I go about my daily chores. Hope all is well xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am constantly humbled by all of the good people who have been praying for me during this time, as I am sure you are too. Faith and friends (whether we actually know their faces, or just their spirits) are what makes it all bearable.

    ReplyDelete