Mar 19, 2020

IN WHICH WE CHOOSE...HAPPINESS

I spent several hours this afternoon working at the kitchen table on budget, bills, and random paperwork items that I had been putting off and putting off. I'm happy to report that everything is organized and back to rights, and if I pay attention, we will be in pretty good shape for April.

Just as I was tidying up for the night, I glanced at tomorrow's schedule. Guess what tomorrow is?


The second very happy thing that happened was the arrival and set-up of the new Keurig. I had a question as to how I could afford this...which is a very good question for a spinster on a budget. I am a Keurig auto-ship customer. I get a delivery of k-cups about every eight weeks or so and accumulate points. I reached enough points to get 50% off a brewer, which made this new machine $90 instead of $180.  This is a Keurig Elite and has more bells and whistles than my first car:

The last happy thing for the day was dinner....a grilled CJ Pub burger from the Martins made in the cast iron on the stovetop and some potato salad. Mustard, pickle, and onion, and I was a happy spinster, indeed!


What made you happy today, Dearies? Come tell me all about it!





11 comments:

  1. Someone asked how you could afford a coffee maker? So rude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jackie!! My thought was MYOB!!!

      Delete
    2. It is beyond me why people think they have any right to question your buying a coffee maker! How petty!

      Delete
    3. That's one of THE necessities of life in my book.

      Delete
  2. Sorry Coni but all those throw away k-cups adding to the landfills are bothersome to me. Have you ever thought about using the refillable ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now we all need our happy things. I love to read and finished a good book yesterday, The Familiars by Stacey Halls. Also finding more time to stitch is always good, I am trying to finish a Blackbird design piece done on memory of my Gran. On my dog walk yesterday I met an old friend that had recommended a seaside town to visit, a while ago we went there last year and loved it and I finally got to tell her thank you. Little things but all more important these days. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor! What a cheek! Pffft - enjoy the new all singing and dancing coffee machine! Hubby's replacement glass tea flask arrived so he's been happy dancing for a couple of days now. I'm happy dancing today because seedlings are growing and my compost delivery came just now and the sun is shining. Could do with less of a cold wind, but can't have it all! A nice chat with the compost girl online - we've been having a laugh as it went AWOL - and poor girl inundated with complaints. There are ways . . . just sayin'!!! The new smoke alarms have been put in this morning - they are linked to our phone apps - methinks I can play pranks in the veg patch! Mwah hah haaaarrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the new coffee brewer has arrived and is set up! It is always a good day to clean up/clear off the clutter of bill paying and budgeting. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I had the same reaction about affording the coffeemaker. There are a lot of things I would do without to have my damn good. Sheesh. My mom visited yesterday, we had a long walk and I was able to talk out all my troubles, and we stitched together for a couple hours, she crocheting and me needlepointing. Short ribs in the I-Pot for dinner. Good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad for you, getting all that paperwork done, and getting your Joy Juice situation set up. You go, girl. My "happy" for today is having to go out only for phys. therapy -- wearing gloves. Seems funny not going out for this 'n' that, but I'm a houseplant anyway. Even church is streaming (first time I've ever knit in church! -- on the couch). And today I tried a recipe that's been staring me in the face for weeks, and it was scrumptious -- cream cheese mushed up with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach and rolled up in crescent-roll dough, sliced and baked. Had to hold myself down to 4.

    ReplyDelete
  8. March 20 is my youngest's birthday. Makes sense as he brings all kinds of happiness where ever he goes. Glad you got your new coffee machine, looks very fancy :)

    ReplyDelete