Mar 12, 2020

THURSDAY

Another 4am rise and roll for Yours Truly, Dearies. I've stopped worrying about my crazy sleeping pattern ever since Dr. Melfi told me to just go with it and my d-tech explained to me that kidneys regulate sleep hormones and this is to be expected.

So I've read and contemplated and fretted and meditated, and now it's time for a little stitching. If I get sleepy later, I'll take a lovely nap. Simple as that.

As usual, you are all just too kind to indulge my funkety funk, but the truth of the matter is that I am full of a lot of loud screaming meemies over...everything...and I think my tiny little brain just finally fritzed right out.

I'm terrified, truth be told, and I feel like a big fat whimpy baby for feeling like a sitting duck. I'm a pretty logical gal, and despite my propensity for hyperbole on this here blog, I am somewhat measured and careful in letting my mind go too far afield.

But I am also a person who has been on high-dose immunosuppressants for the better part of 25 years and my life depends on going into a medical facility three times a week with equally fragile patients (many of whom come from nursing facilities). Catching a cold can be deadly, let alone a virus that nobody has a clue how to prevent, treat, or eradicate.

Notre Dame's decision to shut down really threw me, I think, because it felt like a moment in time when you parents had fear in their eyes. I know it was the smart and cautious thing to do, but the reality of it gave me pause.

I'm not going to talk about it again, since I know I'm probably a bit off the reservation. For now, I am staying home...from everything except dialysis....and stitching will be done as a balm to my frazzled nerves.

As to whatever else ails me...it'll just have to wait a bit. I thank you for your suggestions of having my thyroid tested. It (and many other parts) are looked at weekly with labs, so I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it eventually.

So for now...damn good, stitching, sleeping (when possible), and a return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Onward!


11 comments:

  1. I think you are being wise,Coni. Think of it as a staycation! Enjoy stitching and naps. BTW, I think damn good in bed with the laptop is a good routine to start! I've been doing it for the last 2 years as the start to my day and it is the favorite part of the day for me after years of getting up for work or taking care of kids. Sometimes it feels very selfish but boy does it make me happy! At 65 years old, I'm going for happy! Have a good day.Love your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a good plan. Sleep when you feel like it, stitch a lot on what ever you want and just be. I have trouble sleeping too but have learned to read and maybe soon I can learn to nap. I guess when my body needs sleep enough I will be able to nap. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideas on your part, Coni! Stay home with your stitching, your coloring and your reading except on d-days. Roll with your sleep patterns! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you at all! It is a scary world we live in right now. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have super strange sleeping habits, too. Up in the middle of the night for no reason --- it drove me crazy for years (not a far drive, either) and I finally just accepted it. So, now, when I wake up at 2 a.m. after sleeping for an hour and a half, I do as you are doing --- I stitch or knit or crochet or hold a cat. It's all good. Lots of people love you and pray for you daily. Hang in there, sweet lady --- you've got lots of friends here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the right idea....stay home as much as possible. We owe it to each other to stay home and avoid crowds so we can protect each other. Also, remember the scripture...Fear Not. We need to do all we can and then Fear Not for God has a plan for our life. I'm not saying it flippantly I really believe God is in control but we need to do our part. Blessings to you. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be still, and know that I am God ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know your bloods are monitored for everything! And yes, look after your health by avoiding crowds and sleeping when you need to. Crowds to be avoided don't include the people at the dialysis clinic, who understand about impaired immune function and the need for sensible infection control procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As an asthmatic I feel your anxiety. I'm due to go on a quilt retreat to an area with the highest rise of cases. I live in a remote area so we are able to deal with any lockdowns because we always prepare for being snowed in. I have yet to hear whether the event will be cancelled. It is only 10 of us but it is at a conference centre. On sleep - my husband has been up at stupid o'clock for many years now. I've had to tell him off for using the printer or banging the kitchen cupboard doors - because the sound travels and wakes me up! Sleep deprived me is not a nice person!
    Sooooo as I waffle and digress, try to adapt to the new hours and sleep as and when you need. Sometimes having the tv droning in the background is very sleep inducing! Do take care and much love from me xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being cautious is not funkety funk. Stay safe and my prayers for you and all Immunocompromised persons Rn retired but still serious.

    ReplyDelete