Mar 6, 2020

FRIDAY


This is next up, Dearies. It's Flowery Alphabet by La-D-Da, and I'm stitching it on a lovely piece of linen from Picture This Plus. I'm unsure of the color, but I bet I documented it somewhere on this here blog when I initially started it. For threads, I am using silks from stash in lovely greens and pinks. I know that the alphabet itself is going to blend into the background quite a bit, but that is kind of the look I'm going for...a tone on tone effect.

I am, unfortunately, still quite a bit under the weather, but I did come to dialysis today. Apparently there is a flu that is going around the pod, but staying home for more than a day or two really isn't an option. I was fortunate in that I only had a minimal weight gain even though I missed treatment Wednesday, but that's not a habit I want to keep.

No big plans for the weekend...just lots of rest and Mass on Saturday.  I believe that it is supposed to be in the 60's on Sunday, so maybe a walk in the sunshine will be in order.

I hope that you have had a lovely week and that the weekend ahead is full of fun for you! Come tell me all about it...what you're stitching, reading, eating, and doing. You know me...I'm Gladys Kravitz when it comes to peeking into your lives, Dearies!

7 comments:

  1. Love the Gladys Kravitz comparison,LOL! Made me laugh as I remember her well. I had a neighbor like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it to the chair today, Coni! I love the new/old piece that you have selected to work on. Oh my goodness, thanks for the chuckle via your Gladys Kravitz comparison. This afternoon, I finished The Lacemaker's Cottage, so will be starting a new stitch shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. Here the weather is still bleh, but the sheep escapees from the next field cheer me up no end - especially with lambs at foot! Planting hedging and raspberries today - in the mist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get over the bug soon! Still chuckling about Gladys Kravitz. Haven't heard that name in years--fifty maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A walk in the sun sounds delightful! We have a -19 degree celcius windchill here today. Brrrr! I have a pork roast in the oven, putting a few stitches in on Save The Stitches, reading The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule and hoping to do very little for the rest of the weekend. Hope you get to take that walk tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you made it to dialysis, Coni. Definitely want to keep up with that. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be careful right now. I know you love going to church, but when you hear about the first case of corona virus in your state, I would highly recommend giving mass a pass for a few weeks. The CDC is recommending that all elderly people (I know that's not you!) and anyone with kidney, liver, cardiac conditions or autoimmune issues take special care to stay away from crowds/events. We would all be devastated if something happened to you. And, really, the corona virus is a terrible weight loss plane. :)

    ReplyDelete