Mar 14, 2020

AND...WE'RE BACK

After I broke the Keurig, I went into the bedroom, crawled into the big girl sleigh bed, and had a good long sniveling, hiccuping cry all over the front of my Spinster Stitcher t-shirt.

And then I sat up and called Keurig to order a new machine and discovered that I had a coupon for 50% off of all brewers, plus a discount on my favorite boxes of k-cups.

More crying.

So I texted my JB (who was at the grocery store) and I asked him to pick up a thing of ground coffee because I broke the Keurig and we were going to have to use the French press for a few days until the new Keurig got here.

But when I went to find the French press, I couldn't. I kept looking in the same cupboard over and over, and then it finally hit me. The cupboard that I was looking in was the one at the house that used to hold the French press. When I moved here to CS2, I left the French press behind in an effort to downsize.

This time, the tears were accompanied with a soft wailing that came from the bottom of my very soul.

So back to the big girl sleigh bed I went, and after a good long hour or so I wiped my face, grabbed my iPad and pulled up the Targets. Twenty bucks later, a drive-up order to go, and we were back in business.

Dearies, I am about as wiped out as I have ever been in my life. I know it's not about the damn coffee maker, and I know it's not about the virus, and I know it's not about dialysis. It's about all of it together in the space of about twenty-four hours, and Yours Truly did not adequately gird her loins or remember to breathe through any of it.

I am officially unplugging everything (except the damn coffee maker), taking a shower, and breathing. I might not blog tomorrow, so please do not worry.

I hope you all had a happy, restful, healthy, and stitchy Saturday!  Come tell me all about it!




17 comments:

  1. Take the time you need to find your center again --- we'll be here when you get back, waiting and hoping to hear that things are better! Sending you a big ole' hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many hugs and glad you will have coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! You'll feel better tomorrow. My mom used to say that to me when I was a kid and had a bad day. At least you'll be able to pour a cup of damn good.. luv always
    MaryO1230

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the accumulation of stuff becomes overwhelming. Stay strong - you'll get through this.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had such an exhausting day; I think you're right, it's everything together and sometimes it's just too much. I hope you can have a good rest and a relaxing calm day tomorrow. Enjoy your coffee!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a horrid start to the day for you. But a solution with bonuses. Enjoy the rest of your day now that the gremlins have disappeared.

    Raining so hard here that there are puddles and floods all over the place - went to let the birds out and in the dash to get out, Dixie's foot got stuck in the flap and everyone trampled over her. It was just a nail in between so with her struggling and me trying to lift was an easy release. Not so nice was the water on the tarpaulin that emptied the contents into my glove. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs! (Wishing, like a mom, I could make it better.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending hugs over the internets. The present situation is overwhelming for those of us who aren't living with your medical issues. No surprise you're feeling it's too much. It is. Please know that there are lots of us in cyberspace holding you in light and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coni, sorry it hit you full force on Saturday! Thinking of you today and sending you hugs and good thoughts. Be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to cheer when I saw about the 50% off coupon; I'd actually been looking for on-line Keurig discounts for you. I completely understand your desperation to find a coffee maker NOW. I'm in Florida, and when we get into the Cone of Uncertainty, part of my storm prep is to brew a coffee tincture with my Coffee Toddy. A quarter cup of that with hot water (I have a camp stove) and I can have a good cuppa Joe in the morning. One of the most important things I learned during Hurricane Charlie is I can face almost anything - new roof, no screens, no electric, even warping floors - if I can just have my morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did great, actually. Now you have a back-up machine when needed. I do too, a little 4-cup brewer. You did fix the problem, just had to go through some angst to get there. These are stressful times. Coffee is important. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are all facing this Scary Big Uncertainty so anything that goes wrong becomes gigantically awful. Last night I dropped my needle, could not find it and cried for half an hour. My husband thought I was nuts, but it felt tragic at the time. No coffee, however, is REALLY gigantically awful---I am so glad you were able to solve the problem. Please don't feel bad about the meltdown, it was justifiable!
    Martha near Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is an upside to all this....how many times in your life has someone said stay home for 2 to 3 weeks and sew!? Never in my life. So now you have damn good and stitching you are all set for a good week. Blessings to you. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes getting through it is just waiting (and closing your eyes, or crying, or stitching, or anything you find). It passes. You didn't fall off the globe, and we all are glad for you. Enjoy that new coffee-maker!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hugs! Take as much unplugged time as you need.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes.....it is all too much!! Take time to just rest. Don't worry about us. We'll check in & if you post, great and if not, it's ok!

    ReplyDelete