Feb 10, 2020

GET IT TOGETHER MONDAY



Today is the day that I get my proverbial head out of my proverbial heiney and get it together. It might be together with duct tape and a prayer, but together it will be.

Last week was just a series of unfortunate events, and rather than adult my way through them, I kinda flaked and hoped it would all go away while I colored my way through an entire Angie Grace coloring book and ate cheese and crackers.

Today, though, is the beginning of a new week full of opportunities to do better.  Buzzy and I are in the d-chair doing our thing, and we are especially well-behaved for the state inspectors who showed up to re-certify this clinic.

If my body allows, I am stopping at the Martins on the way home for salad fixins and coffee creamer, and then it will be home for a little nap, some tidying, and then a nice sensible salad with JB and stitching for company.

That's the plan, anyway.

The candle soot issue has become less urgent since I discovered that I will be staying at CS2 for another year. I do, however, have a chemical sponge arriving from the amazon today, and if it isn't too difficult, I will set about cleaning one wall at a time until they are back to brand spanking new. The sectional will be handled by a professional company as soon as I can save up the $300 to schedule them, and when completed, I will stop fretting over this.

(JB is still clueless as to why this sent me spinning, and my weeping and wringing my hands and moaning that I just can't have anything nice didn't make sense to him.)

(But you all understood, Dearies. Thank you for that.)

OK...back to business. I have a ton of Flosstube to view. I hope your Monday is off to a good start and that your very own week will be as together as you want it! Come tell me all about it!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like good plans on the soot issue. Just don't try to clean it all at once :) Hope the rest of your week goes perfect. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason men don’t understand how a woman feels about her home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men do not have the foggiest idea do they! And that doesn't help us either! But glad you took a step back and reassess the situation. Good for you - one small step for Coni, one giant leap into regaining control! :D

    ReplyDelete