Feb 15, 2020

BEST. DECISION. EVER.

I have been hankering to play in my stash, so today seemed like the perfect time to do it. I found this lovely Shepherd's Bush kit called "Heart of my Heart" and spent a few minutes switching out linen and gathering extra threads. The kit came with a very pretty 32ct Ivory linen, but my eyes have not been co-operating enough to be able to see it adequately. Lo and behold, I found a gorgeous piece of 28ct Cucumber in my Colour & Cotton fabric stash that works perfectly!

The kit provides very limited thread, but all are Weeks Dye Werks, so I was able to pull back-up skeins from stash. If I didn't have the color in Weeks, I pulled a comparable color from my supply of Colour & Cotton threads!


Then, just because I was feeling extra fat and sassy, I assembled my MAGIC TWELVE  items of matchy matchy stitchy things that makes the project complete:

My MAGIC TWELVE: chart, linen, threads, needles, scissors, q-snaps, needleminders, grime guard, accessory pouch, project bag, ort container and BitsyBob Basic.

I normally assemble a MAGIC THIRTEEN and include a highlighter, but I don't tend to mark Shepherd's Bush charts, and my printer/copier is out of ink and I can't make a working copy.

So there you have it...my best way to re-motivate myself to stitch again...a new project kitted up with everything I need.

What's in your stitchy kit, Dearie?  Come tell me all about it!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are feeling more like yourself! I love those Shepherds Bush patterns. I have done several and have enjoyed every single one.

    Have a great evening and an even better Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling like stitching again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as though you are all geared up to stitch away...knew
    your leave from the needle would be short lived. May your enthusiasm hold sway until the last stitch completes this lovely project.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished a Mill Hill kit today. Such a pretty one, White Pumpkins. I hope to get a picture up on Instagram tomorrow! I look forward to watching your progress on this lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super! Have fun with the stitching! Here, still wet and windy and still working on Arkansas Crossroads quilt. Down to eleventy hundred and six blocks to go! Is it wrong to cut out little red headed cowboys from vintage repro fabric and include it - seeing as groom to be is a redhead? Well - too late - they are in! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Shepherds Bush always makes me feel better too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome project to pull! Over the weekend, I added more stitches to For Spacious Skies from Heartstring Sampler and stitched up a mini stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Affiliate Profit Machine is waiting -

    Plus, getting it set up is as easy as 1-2-3!

    Here is how it works...

    STEP 1. Input into the system what affiliate products you want to promote
    STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it ONLY takes 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the affiliate products system grow your list and sell your affiliate products on it's own!

    So, do you want to start making profits?

    You can test-drive the system for yourself risk free...

    ReplyDelete