Jan 26, 2020

SUNDAY...

Good morning, Dearies!

Another day has dawned here in Hoosierville, and I am sitting with my damn good and my thoughts. It was a 2am-er again last night, which means I did not get up in time for the 10:00 Mass. Fortunately there is a 5:00 service at the church just down the block from me, so I can do my thing then.

Yesterday was wonderfully quiet and swell. I stitched and colored and watched movies and then the sports with JB. I didn't really have an agenda for the day, so I suppose I did a good job of doing nothing.  We had BLT's for dinner and not much else, but JB was very happy with that and didn't complain one little bit.

You have to love that about him.

In the last week I've been the awed recipient of battery-operated candles and some fantastic advice about using the stockpile of Yankee candles (melt them on the stovetop to get the scent but not the soot!), so I have started to come off the ceiling over my mess. I want to thank you all for your input on the subject....it saved me!

I'll leave you with some progress pics of Plum Pudding and a couple more pages from my Angie Grace coloring book:





8 comments:

  1. The only bad thing about BLTs this time of year is the tomatoes.

    I hope by "melting them on the stovetop" you mean with a double boiler? I remember from candle making days, melting wax directly in a pan on the burner was a hazard. Otherwise there are wax warmers that work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use one of those things that keep a drink warm. Let me have the smell after it becomes impossible to light the candles and no mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bizarre...I use Yankee Candles exclusively, mostly the tealights, but also the fancier candles in the round/square glass containers w/ the medal/wood lids and have never had a problem w/ soot - not even in the containers/holders. I wonder what the difference is? I know they say to keep the wicks trimmed to about 1/4", but I don't even do that. Hmmm..it's a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring pages, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, my days of 2am-ers are long gone. I'm an owl, but can only manage midnight nowadays! But wowser look at PP - that's coming along a treat - nearly finished. Purdy colourings! Dawn is happening and the birdies are twittering and I'm slurping my own damn good! Have another good day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday, Coni! PP is looking fabulous as are the coloring pages. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Electric candle warmers are also good. You get the fragrance along without the flame

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have figured out your candle problems. Plum Pudding is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete