Dec 22, 2019

SUNDAY...I THINK

Well, Dearies, here we are on a Sunday morning in the d-chair. It's going to be interesting keeping track of the days these next two weeks since our chair times are all different due to the holidays. Fortunately, my JB texts me about every ten minutes to remind me when it's a day to get dressed and come here, so I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

I had such a nice day yesterday and did all of the things on my list...coffee abed, Greek cookie sale, laundry, and coloring/resting. I even watched two movies (The Queen and Serendipity) and watched what I ate and drank pretty carefully. All in all a pretty perfect Saturday!

These are the markers I'm obsessing over:
 I got a small pack to see if I liked them, so now that I know that I do I am saving pennies to purchase a bigger set. They are alcohol based markers with a brush tip and (in my very amateur opinion) stand up very nicely to Copics.


Tonight I'm going to chill after treatment and write my grocery list for tomorrow. My appetite suddenly went away, so all of the big extravagant meals I had thought of aren't blowing my skirt up anymore. I might opt for stuffed shells instead of seafood pasta on Tues, but the ham shall remain firmly in place for Wednesday.

I am sad to report that the Greek cookies just aren't very good. At all. But before I disparage the lovely Greek woman that made them, let me just say that mine aren't that good either. As a matter of fact, I don't think they're MEANT to be good. They are, after all, just a bland little biscuit that you're supposed to dunk in your damn good. JB will probably love them, though, so I am still very happy that his treat jar is full of them.

(And yes. In case you were wondering, the jar is the same one that once held mini Milkbones for You Know Who.)

The sun is shining and the temperatures are going to be in the 50's today, so life is indeed beautiful here in Hoosierville today. I do wish it were cold and snowy, but there will be plenty of time for that nonsense.

Happy Sunday! I hope yours is restful and lovely and that you're enjoying all the things. Come tell me all about it!

5 comments:

  1. Haven't made koulourakia for years - a single batch of dough makes a LOT of biscuits and because the dry texture demands dunking it takes a long time to eat one's way through them. I used fresh orange juice or good quality brandy for the flavouring. Elaine in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a koulouraki every morning with a double portion of Greek coffee. I make mine with almond flavoring and although they are dry they have a delicious flavor. I do not make them into twists but my Greek husband does that part of the preparation for me. I am sorry that yours are proving difficult. Wish you a healthy and happy Christmas! The New Year will bring wonderful things for you Coni, I am sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not had Greek biccies before, but there are a lot of biscuits out there that are dry. At the American Museum over here, they had a selection of traditional biscuits - we decided that biscuits were dry but cookies are nicer. Glad your treatment day seemed to be a lot better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, glad you are happy with the markers! Hope yesterday's treatment went smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are too funny! All that trouble for something you don't even really like that much.

    ReplyDelete