Nov 30, 2019

SATURDAY

I was going to save that graphic for another time, but I think it's the perfect sentiment for the day. I beat myself up pretty good yesterday when I came off treatment at 112.8kg.

That's a whopping 248 pounds, Dearies.

I wallowed and self-sabotaged and bitched and moaned and complained to nobody in particular, and then I put myself to bed early and decided to call it a day.

Today is a new one, and that means that I have the great blessing of starting fresh. I can right the ship, get back on track, and adjust my course. Three lousy pounds is not going to be the sum total of my experience on this big blue marble, so I'm hitching up my socks and moving onward.

Many of you comment about my strong will and determination. I have two answers for that. One, is that this isn't about fitting into a teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini, and two, I come by this bull-headedness honestly. My Grandma Loukos used to say "Connie Dough, it's a good thing you're named after your aunt and uncle, because you are a little bull head just like they are."

What can I say? I might not be the brightest or most talented or strongest or prettiest girl in the room, but I've got a head like a big block of granite and I will bang it against the wall with the best of them! My mom was all of 5'4" tall and weighed maybe 110 pounds, but she could re-arrange a room full of furniture, mow the grass, clean the house, and keep us from killing each other without smudging her lipstick.

In other words, I seem to come from a long line of little bull heads.

So now that I'm getting on with it, there is damn good to be savored and a paper and magazines to be read, and Christmas decorations to be contemplated. My to-do list is flexible, though, and if I don't make it past the paper it will still be a very good day indeed.

Happy Saturday to one and all. What are you doing to make yourself happy today? Come tell me all about it!

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes we need to turn around and look at how very far we’ve come. You have overcome so many mountains in your journey so far. Don't let a small setback bother you. Your “pick up your socks” attitude will carry you through this and much more. This is a molehill. You’ve already climbed Everest. Enjoy your day and don’t worry about three pounds - they don’t stand a chance against Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The extra pounds were factored into all our Thanksgiving fare, so we are all climbing on board with you and beating the scale together. Your whole story far surpasses this chapter in terms of tenacity and courage. Enjoy the day and
    put the other behind you. Remember - we are in it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good attitude. This is what will get you over the finish line....victorious

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to make it and make it in style! And a little bull-headedness never hurt anyone! Hang on and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got the right attitude and being bull headed never hurt anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, you can wallow and moan all you want and then gather up your boot straps and begin fresh with a clean slate the next day. You can do this, Coni, and your nation is standing with you and cheering you on!

    I set up gift wrap central and might have wrapped a few gifts this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy yourself - hardest bit is just the last fiddly ounces.

    Here we have no internet or telephone - because a tractor driver trimming hedges cut through the cable! I'm piggy backing off OH's mobile phone at the moment. Other people in the village have been cut off but lines reconnected . . . to the wrong houses. I have visions of Dr Emmett in Back to the Future joining the power cable at the end of the film! Ooooh dear! Other than that, the engineer also has a job with a tractor cutting hedges . . .
    Rock on Coni! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coni - I just discovered your blog and am enjoying your words and pictures. This post made me realize that you didn't get the memo re: Nov. 4. DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ENDS SUNDAY. TIME TO SET YOUR SCALE BACK 10 POUNDS.

    ReplyDelete