Nov 1, 2019

MISS LINDA AT THE HOUSE OF STITCHES STRIKES AGAIN!


I'm prancy dancing all over the place, Dearies! Look what I get to start tomorrow after all of my chores are complete:


Hoity Toity arrived yesterday and it is prettier in real life than I could have imagined! As you know, I was conflicted about the linen, but Miss Linda hit it out of the park for me with a gorgeous cut of 28ct Picture Thus Plus in the color Sand. Perfection!


I would have liked to start this today, but I need to take some time to assemble my kit...project bag, Bitsy Bob, scissors, etc. and I need to zig zag the edges of the linen with my sewing machine. That's going to take a fair bit of time, and I was just too pooped to do all of that last night, and I think we're going to a basketball game tonight.

But this makes for a good plan for tomorrow: damn good and the paper abed, scrub the house like an Amish woman, put something lovely in the crockpot, and then settle in with Notre Dame on the TeeVee and have some fun playing with my new toy as a reward!

Who could possibly be happier than I am with that on the agenda?!

Happy Friday! Hopefully the next time I see you will be to report a good start and lots of progress!

17 comments:

  1. Great project! What a lovely way to spend a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about that project and cannot wait to follow the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color combination looks fabulous, especially on that linen! So Autumn-ish! Can't wait to see it started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the new project!! Colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for and with you, Coni. What a beautiful piece.
    Did you go with the called-for colors? They are lovely.
    Cannot wait to follow your Hoity-Toity saga.... it looks challenging, but a semi-cinch in Coni's capable care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect piece for autumn. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coin, it's absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to follow your progress. Such a nice fall piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one, Coni! Lovely colors and a fabulous piece of linen! What a great reward you have given yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lovely project, & I love the pretty floss colors. It will be such fun to start this one this weekend; I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors and I love the linen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you will have so much fun with this piece! Looking forward to seeing progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant! Gorgeous colours too. I love it when your plan comes together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep - that is definitely prance worthy!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh you prance on. I am resisting the pull of this one (so far) but oh how I love it! Looking forward to your updates to make that pull tug just a little harder on my stitching needle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exciting!!! It is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete