Nov 6, 2019

BACK IN THE SADDLE



My eye is sufficiently better enough to come to dialysis today, Dearies. Thank you for your concern and gentle cooing...it looks like my eyes are just dried up a bit and I need to be more diligent with the Systane drops.

The weight is up a little bit, but nothing that a treatment session can't deal with. Four days in between   is the cause, as well as too much salt on my part. I roasted some broccoli last night and was a bit heavy-handed with the garlic salt. Oey.

JB leaves for New Jersey tonight on the train. I will miss him, but cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to some spinster time. I have visions of cleaning and organizing and straightening, but I will probably just binge a bunch of spinster TeeVee and stitch.

Would that be so wrong?

One of my goals post transplant is to travel to stitchy retreats, seminars, classes, and to get back to my stitchy guilds. I miss my guild ladies so very much and all of the fun and trouble they got me into going on little stitchy trips to the House of Stitches.

I miss canvas work too, and have promised myself that I will pull a canvas from my stash and send it for threads and a stitch guide, or that I'll at least try to finish ones that are started and have been languishing.

(On that subject...what are your favorite shops for canvas work? I'm looking for a place that I can call for the whole shebang...chart, canvas, threads (i.e. a Laura J Perin design) or a place that would take a painted canvas and kit it up for me?)

Ok. Time for me to get settled in and start stitching. I'm making good progress on Hoity Toity, but had a bit of a frog session last night. Fortunately I caught my error before too much damage had been done, and all was right with the world again quickly.

Happy Futzingday! I hope your day is swell and full of fun! Come tell me all about it!

9 comments:

  1. Good news that your eye is improved and you are back in the saddle. It is heartening that you are planning so many great
    activities of interest in your future...hold that contemplation and it will come to fruition....just the incentive you need...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your eye is doing better and that you are back in the d-chair! Coni, I always enjoy reading about your stitching thoughts and plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your eye is improving! I recommend Nashville Needleworks to help you with kitting up a canvas piece. Fireside Stitchery is another good place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news that all was needed were some eye drops! Here we have rain again. Yesterday went exploring and testing a pub/restaurant. It was built into rock and is over 400 years old - their fireplace has the exposed rock showing! And very yum it was too, although no more food was necessary and I'm contemplating skipping breakfast - still full! Pleasant surprise on the scales - maintained my weight loss since the return of husband - who immediately started baking cakes!!!! Still raining and squelchy here but we've had sunshine in between over the last 4 days - whoohoo!
    So carry on girlie, you will sort out that weight and it won't make too much of a difference overall. Onwards and downwards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on the eye and being back in the D chair! I wish I could recommend the only remaining LNS in my area, but they are closing in December. So I'm also looking for good reliable places to order from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been ordering from Stitches n' Things for over 10 years and highly recommend them! And I dont work there! I'm in Alabama and they're in Michigan 🙂

      Delete
  6. Glad your eye is better and you are back in the D chair. Glad also that you are contemplating getting back to canvas work. My favorite needlepoint shop is Homestead Needle Arts, in Grand Blanc, MI. The owner, Theresa Swiecicki is more than happy to kit any canvas for you. She has excellent color and stitch sense and will mail in a timely manner. She has a wonderful selection of threads and canvases and ships daily. What could e better!
    Keep stitching and being an inspiration to us all.Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Nimble Needle out of New Jersey (southern end). Karen is a delight. I have been to the old store, not been to the new one yet, plus used her online services. She has found me obscure canvases, made suggestions for the threads, etc. Karen is a delight to work with. We used to go to southern NJ a lot since my in-laws lived there but both of the parent-in-laws are now gone and usually we meet my BIL somewhere else for a vacation. Oh and all the kids are married now so we miss going for that too. I heartily recommend Karen's shop - The nimble needle.
    https://nimbleneedlenj.com/ check out the website and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear there was nothing serious with your eye!

    ReplyDelete