Oct 27, 2019

SUNDAY...AFTER MASS



It's a very good thing I have just returned from church, Dearies, otherwise I would still be stomping around CS2 muttering "mucking fichigan" under my breath all day.

(Sorry, dear Miss Margaret. But your Michigan boys simply kicked my Irish boys' heinies all over the damn place last night and it sent me to bed in quite a mood.)

But, an hour in the Basilica beating my bosom has me back to right again, and I'm ready for a lovely Sunday. A roast is roasting and in a moment I will break out the stitching and get on with it. I think I'll stick with my current wip and then switch next weekend...maybe something in the way of some canvas work if I can kit from stash.

(I am a spinster on a budget, don't you know).

Yesterday was cold and rainy and full of naps and a whole lot of nothing, but today is simply gorgeous and has me hankering for a nice walk in the autumn sunshine. We'll see how long the feeling lasts!

I'm thinking a lot about intention lately. For me, I find myself more grateful than ever for this happy little life of mine, and in perpetual awe that I could deserve so very much. You, my friends, are such a large part of that happy little life, so I hope you feel it in your bones how loved and important you are!

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. We both have had better times that allowed us to acquire a stash So now we must shop from it and be happy we have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are important to your readers, too. Your never-ending determination inspires many of us (me, for sure) to hang in there and believe in a better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an Ohio State fan...that team up north doesn't get mentioned. Granted I like the color of their uniforms, I'll cheer Penn State long before that team from up north.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we are in the middle of the Rugby world cup where England is in the semi-final. I choose to play sewing while hubby watches. Haven't seen your football for many years though. I remember Mr Plunkett from the Green Bay Packers! Life is too short to get het up over a game (many years of our England footballers/soccer prima donnas!) so I don't watch that either! I do rather like cricket and because I have relations in Toronto, we've been supporting the Blue Jays - wow that's fast throwing! Don't know how they see the ball coming let alone hit it!
    But all that said, enjoy your stitcheroo day, it will be interesting to see what you choose from your stash. I agree with Barbara H - you are indeed inspiring for me that's for sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have many things in common, the most important, our faith. I too can walk into mass feeling blue and leave fulfilled and wanting more of this day (life) we are so blessed with. You give me strength through your determination but just as important, you sometimes make me giggle out loud. Oh, and GO ASTROS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, have a blessed day! Thanks for the giggle about the boys from Michigan kicking the heinies of the Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mea culpa, mea culpa.....Nephew a coach there, but I feel
    your grief and scorn.... You are a word wizard . mucking fichigan, indeed...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to see you stitching some canvas work! Hope you made it out for that walk :)

    ReplyDelete