Oct 10, 2019

OK. LET'S NOT DO THIS AGAIN...

I'm home safe and sound, but not without more drama than a PBS Mystery Classic. No details at this time, Dearies, but suffice it to say I don't want to have to repeat these tests again any time soon. (Anybody who has had a chemical stress test will know exactly what I'm talking about.)

As soon as I wash the upchuck off the front of my old lady big top, drink a gallon or two of damn good to get rid  of the caffeine migraine, and have a good cry on the balcony all will be right with the world once again.

I am so very grateful for your encouragement and notes and messages. I carried them (along with Stewey in his little wooden box) along with me today, and I am sure it's the only reason I got through it all.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet the "comfort ambassador labradoodle" from the last post, but just knowing he/she was there was very nice indeed. If I ever get to the point when I can adopt another lovie, I am going to do my level best to train them to do that type of work. It looked like it would be very rewarding, and I think I could be good at patting hands of terrified patients and cooing gently.

If nothing else, this entire journey has given me good ideas about what I want to be when I grow up: a writer, a healthcare administrator, a dialysis tech, a nurse, the head of the National Kidney Foundation, a librarian, etc etc etc. it changes every day, but it's nice to think to think about the future in a positive way.

Speaking of....somebody caught me pinning wedding dresses on the Pinterest and got nervous. No changes in that department, Dearies. I remain your loyal spinster with a "gentleman caller"/companion/man friend of my very own. JB and I have a deal. As soon as I get a new kidney, he will take me to the Grotto and ask for my hand on bended knee and I will say no. This way, I can at least say that I was asked, and he can say he tried. 😬

(I do, however, secretly hope to shock him with a yes and then plan the biggest stitching retreat/wedding weekend the world has ever seen. Can you imagine the fun we'd have?!)

OK. Time to recover my wits about me. Thank again for the happy thoughts and prayers. I'm truly convinced that they are really all I need!


16 comments:

  1. Another victory----you made it through. You are a great example of how to get the necessary but sometimes awful things done. Check another task off the list. Enjoy your

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through the day. Take care of you and start planning that stitching wedding retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you made it through the test and are home safe and sound! Try not to scare JB too much before you say yes. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you are home and safe and recovering. Please know that lots of thoughts and prayers are being sent to you and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you made it through the day & are home resting & recovering. Have a relaxing evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew!! That is done and you are back in your nest! Hope you have a good night and a fantantic day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are home and by now, probably comfortable in your nest. Prayers all goes well with tests and you are well on your way to a new kidney soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good to have that behind you! I hope you are able to have a pleasant evening and happy and fun weekend ahead.
    Prayers for good test results! (And keep those wedding plans rolling! Fun, fun! 😉)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, sounds like a right old ordeal you had to go through. At least you can tick that off the list. Have a nice chill out stitchy session to recover. LOL! Wedding dresses - thank goodness the first one I found, I liked - otherwise I'm so fussy I'd still be looking! Still, nice to look at pretties and enjoy a bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coni, you are in my thoughts. I hope chair time goes smoothly for you today. Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got through it! Still beating the drums in your cheering section...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the nasties are over and you can recover. Enjoy the "damn good" and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs to you. At least the tests are behind you. Enjoy the day with whatever your little heart desires. Sending good vibes your way.

    Elizabeth in NC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry it went poorly and hopefully it was your one and only time you have to go through it. I love the idea of you and and a sweet pup being a comfort team. You would be perfect at it! And I am tearing up about the plan you and JB have. I am over the moon happy for you that you two found each other!

    ReplyDelete