Sep 15, 2019

SUNDAY SPINSTER BLISSIER

Yesterday was a great success in the relaxation department. I ended up spending about an hour and a half in the pool, and then I came home and made JB a nice dinner. I was still quite full from lunch so ended up just having a bite "to make sure it was good".

(NJ sausage with spinach and provolone from Bagliani's, peppers, onion, garlic, and baby potatoes roasted in the oven...in case your were wondering.)

(Jimmy John's slim sandwiches were what filled me up at lunch, even though they are smaller than a normal sandwich.)

I played with Mary Poppins a bit:
She is still a very enjoyable stitch, but I'll be happy to finish that black overcoat and get on with the bag and then BigBen on the far right. I think I'll keep her as my d-chair stitch until she's finished. Maybe a fish through the basket for something totally different to stitch in the Happy Chair this week?

Well, Dearies, I'm off to lunch with an old college friend. I haven't seen her in quite some time, so I'm looking forward to a good catch-up!  

Happy Sunday! Come tell me all about your day!

5 comments:

  1. Just trying to stay cool and keep it together. Looming st the Mary Poppins helps a lot. As usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a really lovely day. Good to hear. It certainly is a lot of black coat! But the end is nigh from your photo, so keep plugging on and you'll be on Big Ben in no time. Will be nice to see what you choose for the happy chair!
    Here I had an accident. I went to get 2 new little chickens and ended up with 4. Oops! Still virtually chicks as one still cheeps but old enough to be on their own. One I think is slightly older - laid the tiniest egg! Meanwhile on the duck front they are totally bonkers and play belly flopping from paddling pool to paddling pool (well storage box and a very short and wide bucket that they use in stables - but it fits the bill - or bills and wings!) then chase each other round the outside before puddle jumping again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a most relaxing weekend, Coni. Good for you! Hope chair time goes smoothly today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky JB - what an Italian feast...Good idea about Mary for the D chair and whatever else suits your fancy for the H chair. Hope you had a grand reunion with your College chum
    and have a great coming week. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you are looking forward to having her overcoat finished. So much of the same color! She is looking lovely :) Hope you enjoyed your lunch!

    ReplyDelete