Sep 9, 2019

PSSSST...HEY SPINSTER!

Chello on a cool and cloudy Monday from the d-chair, Dearies!

Would you believe me if I told you I'm still sore and tired from Saturday's shenanigans?  How completely out of shape can one portly spinster be, I ask you?

The first thing I need to do is say a hearty THANK YOU to those of you who sent me an email. I call them my love notes, and when feeling blue or just not quite myself, I read them and let the lovliness wash over me like the healing waters of Lourdes.

So, thank you for that. Really. Truly. Deeply.

The consensus seems to be that I answer questions on this here blog so that the entire Spinster Nation can share in my quirky ineptitude, so henceforth and hitherto I shall endeavor to do just that.

Two questions that I can remember today are: what is the SpinsterShop and who designed the blue sunflower piece hanging in my studio.

The SpinsterShop will eventually be an online store with a dozen or so items that are stitchy-related  that I will sell to add funds to my kidney transplant fund. I was so very blessed to receive an amazing start on this fund by donations to a YouCaring fund, but I have a fair bit to go before it's fully there. I'm hoping to get this thing up and running before year's end, so please stay tuned.

As far as the piece in my studio, if it's the one with the blackbirds, that is a painted canvas (needlepoint), and I think the designer is Birds of a Feather. I believe I stitched that one in Vineyard Silk and selected the stitches myself.

I did get an awful lot of inquiries about my doing videos. Um....I had never considered this because I am very camera-shy, but I also love to see tips, tricks, and how other people stitch. If I can figure out how to do it, I promise to consider a "behind the scenes/life with Spinster" video.

Time for me to settle in with some music and stitching now, if I can keep my eyes open, Dearies. My tech thinks it might be better for me to close my eyes and rest for a bit, since I apparently look like I've been dragged out of a dumpster. I am, however, clean and fresh smelling, so a few undereye bags are going to be forgiven.

Thanks for hanging in on a long-winded Monday! If I haven't said it recently...I love and appreciate you more than you'll ever know!

9 comments:

  1. Your techie is right...reeeelax and restore...Have you any idea what you accomplished Saturday? Let your fresh as a daisy translate into full of vim and vigor after a deep snooze.You have the week ahead to meet. Bless you for all your inspiration and insights...there is never too much of you on this blog - always of interest. Bet JB would agree especially after that gourmet meal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly Coni, YOU are such a tonic to me! So it is I who must thank you for being you and for sharing yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and appreciate all that you share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo looking forward to your stitchy shop and I can't wait to watch any videos you decide to do! You are an amazing person and a marvelous thread artist and I would love to hear you tell us all about it! Reading your blog is an important part of my day! Thank you for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Conni, have you ever thought of selling your used patterns on your shop? Not sure if that is OK with the designers but just a thought... Robyn Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope today was a good day and you're resting. Love the idea of occasional posts answering questions. Your witty answers are always a hoot! Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear me - not surprised you still feel the after effects! Muscles can be really mean sometimes!
    As for being camera shy - you can still do videos if you wish, but from behind the scene - focus on your hands and chat at the same time. I do Youtube about my veggies and smallholding things but I'm only yapping while the camera is pointed away. I've only just started in the early summer - it is quite time consuming and learning how to edit (which is better than doing it in one take) was totally new to this technophobe! But I did learn - there's still lots more to enhance things - but it is a handy diary for my use, so for the time being I'll play with what I do know. Or get JB to give you a hand - flutter those eyelashes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope chair time and the rest of your Monday went smoothly! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And we love and appreciate you! Looking forward to a behind the scenes video!!

    ReplyDelete