Aug 15, 2019

IN WHICH WE HAVE A DELIGHTFUL THURSDAY

Chello, Dearies.

I am home and in the damn recliner with a nice cold lemonade of the Crystal Light variety. I had hoped to be sploshing, but alas, the pool is in some kind of chemical time out, so the pool fix-it company has been called in to do their thing. No aqua therapy for me today.

This morning found me running to and fro to appointments and such, so I'm a little pooped. If everything goes according to plan, I'm going to get a few hours of stitching time in before bed, and then we'll be that much closer to the weekend.

I do, however, have a Happy Chair update. I have decided once and for all to keep him and have him recovered. Period. Full stop. End of story. The nice lady from the furniture company was here yesterday afternoon, and she agreed that with a little love, fluff, and TLC, he will be better than new and ready for another 28 years of spinster life. (Just wait 'till you see the fabric I selected! I'll let it be a surprise, but suffice it to say, it's...whimsical!)

I hope your very own Thursday is swell! Come tell me all about life in your corner of the world!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I was rooting for the Happy Chair to stay, with new clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an antique chair reupholstered and he said when he stripped it to the frame,that he stood and studied it he was so impressed and commented, "They don't make them like this anymore." You are wise, Coni, to recycle what is probably a better built chair than what is out there today. Once covered
    in whimsy, may it give you many more years of enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you couldn't get into the pool today! I think your plan for the Happy Chair is a good one. I think you will be much happier than replacing the Happy Chair with an inferior one that needs to be replaced every other year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh super - so pleased the Happy Chair is going to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot wait to see the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete