May 13, 2019

MAYNIA DAY THIRTEEN...HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEWEY!


PrairieSchooler
ABC sampler
25ct cream fabric
DMC threads


Happy Monday, Dearies! My Stewey Little would have been 14 years old today, and it's been 15 years since my dear Dad has passed away. Missing them both fiercely today!



Well, so much for my brilliant plans on this one. I started it quite some time ago on 25ct fabric one over one, but this just isn't going to work for me. I cannot see to stitch it this way no matter how hard I try, and I'm just not loving the coverage.  So I think I'll re-think the fabric, do some figuring, and look for a new piece of linen.  Onward!





9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Stewey!

    Are you doing "just" the ABC part or are you one of those doing the entire alphabet?

    Hugs on the anniversary of your Dad's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs your way! Your PS piece is looking good. Are you doing the entire alphabet? Coni, hope your day goes smoothly. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I will love seeing it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today! I know how rough it was for me getting through yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty design! Thinking of you today - I know how difficult it is to miss your parents, and your beloved Stewey too. I hope it was a smooth treatment today, and you can have a relaxing evening. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope treatment went well today. Embracing you through Stewey's birthday and your Dad's anniversary. I have reached
    the stage where I only do one over one if it is a segment of
    the piece, not the whole... who dreamed up such a commitment
    anyway..lol? Hope you have a restorative evening, dear Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Stewey, may you be chasing interesting scents across the sky. Been 10 years since I lost my dad, yours would be so proud because you have been so brave with your treatment. It does catch you out sometimes, so double hugs for you.
    Nuisance regarding the cloth - plan B in the making! Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to do this set someday... one can dream :)

    It is such a large piece that it wouldn't be very enjoyable if you can't see it very well. I think you are making the right choice on restarting it.

    ReplyDelete