May 19, 2019

MAYNIA DAY NINETEEN...THE BEST LAID PLANS

Well, so much for thinking I'm the boss of me, Dearies. My plan to sit and stitch went awry when I remembered an errand that I needed to run. This lead to me going over to campus and taking a mile long walk around a lake (!) followed by a lovely al fresco lunch of salad and iced tea.

And fried pickle chips.

(A girl needs a little treat every now and then, right.)

The afternoon and early evening was spent on the balcony watching a rain shower, and then a few episodes of the MadMen before hitting the big girl sleigh bed.

So even though a needle and thread were nowhere to be found I still managed to have a peaceful, happy, healthy, and very lovely day.

As soon as I get my wits about me I might contemplate some laundry and house scrubbing, but if that mood doesn't strike...there's always next weekend, right?

Happy Sunday! I hope your very own day takes you someplace fun and wonderful. Come tell me all about it!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day that was good for your soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day. I hope that your Sunday is fun as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a lovely "me" wandering around day :) You needed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did just the right thing! We all need to feed our soul sometimes and you have been long overdue for a dose of peace and joy --- just plain "you" time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does it say we have to accomplish something every day? I think you did what you needed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely spontaneous walk - all that fresh air to blow the cobwebs away. Glad you enjoyed your day - and a treat is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coni, your Sunday sounded lovely especially sitting on the balcony watching the rain shower. I think you accomplished much -- errand, walk, balcony sitting, being at peace and taking in the moment. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All good things, including pickles, happened on Sunday... a day well spent. You were fortified for the coming week..which
    we pray will go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pickle chips! Yum! Sounds like a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete