Dec 22, 2018

SATURDAY SPINSTER BLISS..

Y'all know I dearly love Mr. Magoo...I really do. But I also dearly love my spinster alone time when he goes back to New Jersey.

I would feel bad about that fact, were it not for the 30 plus years I spent as a single gal about town. I have lived on my own and done my own thing from the age of 19, so adapting to life with a companion is still a little new to me. 

(Yes...I know that Stewey was my companion for eleven years, four months, and eight days of that...but he was pretty easy to accommodate as long as everything was exactly as he wanted it.)

(Damn dog.)

(Oh, how I miss him so!)

Anywhoose...my alone time has really been quite wonderful. I finished up in the d-chair yesterday afternoon and decided to have Chinese food for dinner. Magoo doesn't care for Chinese food, so it is a rare treat for me to go face first into some General Tso's and veggie fried rice.

Which is exactly what I did after coming home, washing my face, and changing into my pajamas.

I sat on the couch with my Chinese food and watched Housewives, a little bit of the news, and then managed a little snooze right there in front of the Christmas lights. Then I woke up, had some fizzy water (to kill the heartburn from the Chinese food), and watched two movies...Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Way We Were.

After a really good sleep, I am in the Happy Chair with my damn good, the Saturday newspaper, and a pad of paper...planning my grocery list for later today.
(I finished the green outer border yesterday...only two more borders to go!)

My damn good is peppermint mocha!
I'm not normally a fan of flavored coffee, but I found a box of pods in the back of the pantry that I think I picked up at the Christmas Tree shop last year, and I decided to use them up. Delicious!

It's a bit gloomy here today, but I've got the crackpot spinster fireplace going:
This one is called Christmas Thyme, and is a very lovely pine scent. I burn Yankee Candles and normally like Sage and Citrus only. Anything "sweet" smelling gives me a sick headache, but I ventured out a bit and decided to try a few other ones recently. So far, Kitchen Spice, Sparkling Cinnamon, and one other that I forget the name of have been swell. I also picked up a jar candle from the Michael's called Autumn Walk (for a whole dollar!) that was really good too.

What can I say? I'm totally a low maintenance gal, except when it comes to scents.

My menu has changed about ten times, but I think I finally have a winner. Today and tomorrow I'm going to have Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes because they'll be easy and I can make them with 95% lean ground beef. On Monday night I am going to make a seafood fettuccini with shrimp, scallops, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes. And on Tuesday there will be ham.

Lots and lots of ham.

My chair time will be 7am tomorrow morning...yikes! But, I am happy to haul myself out of the big girl sleigh bed early so that I can be done by 11 and the techs and nurses can get everybody through and then off to their families early. I think there will only be a few of us tomorrow because so many people travel or can't get transportation on Sundays...so I hope it will be easy peasy.

Well, Dearies...I suppose that's all I have to report today! I'm going to get myself dressed and over to the Martin's so I can get back here and stitch the day away. I hope your very own Saturday is perfectly swell and that you get to do whatever makes your skirt blow up and your heart sing! Come tell me all about it!






7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have turned a corner. My life is frequently a rollercoaster so I can identify. Alone time saves my sanity....what little I have. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brand was the Peppermint Mocha pod, Coni? Not a big flavored coffee drinker either, but I have been a peppermint mocha! Your stitch is moving along and is looking fabulous. Your menus sound great. Please share the recipes/how tos for your Philly cheesesteak Sloppy Joes and the pasta with the seafood and spinach. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what makes my heart sing? When I read your posts and you are having a really good day. Love to read what you are doing, candles, coffee, menu's, stitching all of it. Enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magoo may not believe it, but you are a happy camper when left to your own devices and they sound quite enjoyable. Hope
    tomorrow will go well and you can return to the Chez II for leisurely rest and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the run up to Christmas is a happy one - yaaaaay.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my alone time too :) Do you have a Bath And Body Works nearby by chance? They have the most wonderful smelling candles.

    ReplyDelete