Aug 3, 2018

FRIDAY...FRIDAY

I've been behaving myself this week while Rich is in New Jersey. Last night I watched the final episode of the West Wing after a seven season re-binge, bawled my eyes out, had a popsicle, and then started watching episode one all over again.

I think I've seen the entire season at least nine or ten times...almost as many times as I've watched The Sopranos.

Hmmmmmm. Sopranos. 

Well, at least now I know what I'll be watching tonight!

I like re-bingeing these shows because I can take my glasses off and stitch and just listen to the dialogue. In the last year my eyes have changed so much that contacts and magnifiers just aren't cutting it. So...without anything at all I can pretty much see clearly about eight inches from my face.

(Note to self: must remedy that with a trip to the eyeball doctor.)

Here's last night's progress on Red Velvet Cake:


I am still really enjoying this and might stick with it another week or two.  I did, however, put Summer at Cherry Hill in my dialysis bag to see if I can make some progress on that skirt:
This seems to be the perfect chair project, since I can just fill in without having to count or change colors frequently.

The weekend is upon us, Dearies. I am going to make an honest attempt at laundry and paperwork before heading to the pool. It is supposed to be in the 90's, so methinks getting in the water might be just what I need!

I hope your plans include something that makes your heart sing. Stay cool and hydrated and peaceful, do something wonderfully fun, and come tell us all about it!


5 comments:

  1. You have made good progress with RVC, Coni. I hope chair time goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE stop saying Red Velvet Cake....can we give it the acronym RVC instead? I have such a sweet tooth for some RVC (the edible kind although your non edible one is quite lovely!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [oops I see Robin above me already coined the phrase. and here I thought I was being so clever and witty. that'll teach me! ;) ]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie I have been wondering about your studio for some time now. With all that beautiful light do you have a problem with fading? I have north facing windows and even with no direct sunlight I get fading on my furniture and pictures hanging on the wall. I know how heartbreaking it would be to see those expensive fibers discolor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is lovely as always even though you need a trip to the 'eyeball doctor'. Love, hugs & prayers, ♥♥♥ Cathryn

    ReplyDelete