May 8, 2018

SPINSTER STAG WEEK

Here it is...6:40 on a Tuesday morning, and I am already up and about. Mister Lovey is traveling this week, and wanted to get an early start today, so I am left to my own devices and shenanagins for the duration.

Today, though, I have the unpleasant task of taking Buzzy in for a check up/oil change. He has been just a little too ornery for our liking, so the fine folks at the Access Center will knock me out, take his picture, and then roto-root the crap out of him. 

As unpleasant as this sounds, it really is part and parcel of maintaining a good access for dialysis. We suspect that Buzzy is good and strong, but that he may have developed some little twists and turns that are making the insertion of the needles to be a little tricky. So in I go, and tomorrow life should be much better in the D-chair.

Speaking of...I did get a fair amount of stitching done yesterday, and my lap stand worked brilliantly! It sat right where it needed to, did not get in anybody's way, and allowed me to keep my left arm completely still. Spinster win!

Wouldn't you just love to live in a little blue house with pink curtains and a stone fireplace?

So today I will hurry up and finish my damn good (need to be NPO four hours before the procedure), I'll read the paper and check the Instagrams, and then I'll write a big long list of all of the things I want to accomplish while Rich is away. I know that the closets need cleaning and some ferns need to be procured for the balcony, but beyond that...who knows.

The Chicken Sisters and I promise to behave ourselves without adult supervision this week. (Well...I do anyway. You never quite know what the two of them are going to get into!)

Here's hoping that your Tuesday is perfectly swell and that you get to do whatever your heart desires. Come tell me all about it!

13 comments:

  1. Your comments about Buzzy reminded me of the problems my good friend has had with various ports for chemo treatment. One of them just up and disintegrated for no apparent reason other than that her body said, No! They found out because the treatment was going directly into her body, a very bad thing. Another just decided to flip itself over. The nurse tried to access it and couldn't find the access point. The surgeon tacked the next one in place so it couldn't do that again. So her body decided to do something else weird so that for a while if the nurse didn't do things just right, there would be a fountain of blood spurting out when she/he tried to pull the needle (whatever they put in) out at the end. The first time caught us all by surprise, and blood went everywhere! Why do I tell you this? So you see that you aren't alone with having issues with this kind of thing. If it's weird, it's happened to JoAnn with regard to her port and many other aspects of her chemo treatments. And we're able to laugh about it afterward. She also knows to tell each new nurse she deals with exactly what her issues are and how others have dealt with them.

    You're a real trooper Coni, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Especially not yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It upsets me to hear you promising to behave yourself. I truly admire you when you display a little attitude—it shows your refusal to let circumstances change who you are and get you down. I love the word we don’t hear much, anymore, but that is descriptive of a facet of your personality: spunky. Girl, you have spunk, and it helps you keep absorbing one blow after another without giving up. It is one of the reasons you are my hero, and one of the reasons I follow your blog as an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see your stitching and hear that the stand worked well for you while sitting in the chair. I hope the Buzzy maintenance goes smoothly for you today, Coni. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little blue house with the pink curtains! Really hope that Buzzy will pass with flying colors and be good for many more miles yet :) Best of luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Join the twin chicks...a little good, clean shenanigans
    won't harm you gals...hope your tune-up goes well today
    and that you conquer your list in time for JB's return...
    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me about the lap stand. I am pretty sure I need one. GOOD LUCK at the Access Center. Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your appointment goes well and they are able to get Buzzy behaving better.
    That little house is just darling. I would be quite happy with any of those sweet little houses actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well behaved women are usually boring!!! Get out there and raise a little ruckus doing something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coni, I hope you and the dialysis people get Buzzy whipped into shape today. Love your stitching piece AND the little bicycle. Is that a magnetic needle minder? If so, where did you find it? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear that you've found a way to stitch in the dialysis chair, and I hope Buzzy becomes more cooperative. And that little blue house is just darling. One of the things I've always loved about cross stitch is its imaginative potential -- I can stitch a house or landscape and imagine myself in it, or a dress and imagine myself wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah stitching! So with your stand... you don't have to hold the piece steady with one hand?
    Ruth in Oxnard CA>

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope all went well today. I love that the frame worked so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like Debby, I also hope all went well with the roto-rootering and that it results in a smooth Wednesday session. Stitching one-handed?! Wow! I am impressed. I didn't realize your arm had to be totally immobile. It's so great that the lapstand enables you to do this. Good job, Coni!

    ReplyDelete