May 22, 2018

OOOOHHHH....SO THIS IS WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT



My Jersey Boy loves this balcony almost as much as he likes Taylor pork roll. He comes out here almost every day and spends hours and hours listening to a ballgame or puffing a cigar.

I confess that when I moved in to CS2, I glanced out the window a few times and thought "Eh...that's nice", but it never occured to me that I could enjoy it too.

But today I decided to grab my second cup of damn good and the paper and give it a go. I also grabbed my iPad and stitchy project, and I have to tell you...me likey!  There is a gorgeous cool breeze, the temp is about 65ish, and the birds are tweeting sweetly.

Maybe there really is something to this whole outside thing after all...

Thank you for all of your well wishes, Dearies. This damned cough is lingering, but I am upright and following all precautions and doctors' orders (and there are a ton of them!) Apparently, this hit the dialysis unit pretty hard and several of my fellow patients are in hospital battling it out. 

Could I impose on you to pray for them too?

OK...we're off to the races!  I hope you have an utterly swell Tuesday and that your heart sings with everything you love! Come tell me all about it!

11 comments:

  1. The cough goes on for weeks. *Welcome* to the club- it's really a bad bug. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Yes, hugs and prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the flu and pneumonia here at Toad Hole. And yes, we had had both shots. Sickest I have EVER been. You just have to take it easy and go with the flow, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni,

    So happy to see you "back." Glad you discovered you outside bliss place. Shoo that cough away and get better quick. Happy stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Coni, no imposition whatsoever. Sending prayers to your fellow dialysis recipients and of course to you. Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm adding you and your partners-in-aggravation to my prayer list, aka "The Usual Suspects," as in, "Dear Lord, I offer up these prayers for The Usual Suspects, you know who they are." Hang tough, girl friend.
    Moira in Cobourg, Ont.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about that Coni ! Prayers to you and all ! My aunt got it too up here in the north. She is a school teacher, but this one hit her really hard. Feel better !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely outside spot you have, Coni! Praying for your continued comeback from the crud and praying for your chair friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your Jersey boy. I live in a suburb of Philadelphia. My daughter-in-law is from Audubon, NJ (just the other side of the Walt Whitman Bridge, tell Mr. Jersey Boy). Her Mom admits her kids were raised on Taylor Pork Roll.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We called it Taylor's Ham in my family, rationed 1 slice each with fried eggs, mostly just on Sunday, in Jersey until I was 7. Still remember eating it in CA after that. Don't know if we bought it there or was sent to us. Have never seen it where I live now in AK. Can order it on line. Should do that. Hope you feel better soon. N

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a perfect place to pass the day away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, to be able to buy Taylor ham here in the south! It's about all I can say I really miss about NJ.

    ReplyDelete