Apr 21, 2018

IN WHICH I MEET AN INTERNET HERO AND BABBLE LIKE A TOTAL DOOFUS...

After the Blue/ Gold game today we stopped at a local drinking establishment so that Jersey Boy could watch the Sixers and have a beer.  I sat with an iced tea and was pleasantly surprised to see a familar face in the crowd.

The only problem with this pleasant surprise is that it's a face that belongs to a perfectly lovely person that I've never actually met before.

Remember the scene in You've Got Mail when Kathleen admits that she only knows NY157 through the internet and she throws herself over and buries her head in her pillow?

Well, that was me...in a figurative sense.

I started following a woman on the Instagram several months ago called imkindofabigdealinindiana because she is from the midwest, loves Notre Dame, and has an adorable little dog named Cookie. I think I messaged her to wave hello, but couldn't remember if we had ever "connected" in an internet kind of way.

So today I walked up and said "I promise you I'm not a crazy stalker (which is probably the very first thing a crazy stalker would say) but I follow you on Instagram and think you're amazing".

Or something equally as socially awkward and stupid as that.

But it turns out that imkindofabigdealinindiana really is perfectly lovely and friendly and pretty and kind, and was not at all creeped out by a portly spinster breaking out in a flop sweat and gushing on and on about what a fun life she has and how I live vicariously....

God grief, you simply cannot take me any damn place at all.

We are now home and in the fall asleep in front of the TeeVee portion of the program, so I will say goodnight for now and hope for some stitchy updates for you tomorrow!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I totally relate. I live in Tucson and J.A. Jance, the author, snowbirds here in the winter. I saw her in a store last year, doing some shopping. Thought I would wee-wee all over myself. (I've read everything she has published and am quite a fan.) It was all I could do to restrain myself. I actually did accomplish that. However, if it happens again, I now have a plan so that she doesn't pull out the mace and give me one. lol So glad you were able to meet her. One day I'll meet Ms. Jance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, I'm proud of you going and talking to her. I'm getting a bit better, but still tend to "sigh" from afar instead of taking that leap of faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Coni! Hope the rest of your evening was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a little something about meeting a celebrity in reverse sort of - many a moon ago, I was at a movie premiere through my mom's work (I was a teenager at the time) - Ruth Buzzi was in the movie and my family and I were standing on the inside of the movie theater lobby area - she came flying up to me and asked where the restroom was! Later, she was gracious and gave me her autograph :) Hope that makes you feel a bit less awkward about what happened :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, love it, love it!!! :D Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!! And I would be you if I ever met you. Does that make sense? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes perfect sense, I would be the same way if I met you Coni, you are amazing in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness I love your purple glasses!


    RoyalRuby

    ReplyDelete