Mar 27, 2018

IN WHICH WE DECIDE TO HAVE A TUESDAY...

I am up and semi-caffeinated and ready to start the day.

Wanna know what that is going to consist of?

After a second cup of damn good, a little yogurt, and some Vitamin water, I'm going to sit at the kitchen table and pay some bills and do some paperwork.  Then I'm going to take a shower and put on some clean jams, and I'm going to get in the Happy Chair and stitch while the laundry sploshes around in the clothes washing contraption.  Jersey Boy is going to do a little work here, go to the gym for a walk on the treadmill, and then come home to decide what we're having tor dinner.

But I'm going to stay put and try to gather my wits about me.

I didn't stitch last night, but this is the progress I made on Sunday during "On The Waterfront". I can't watch the teevee and stitch at the same time anymore because I've been taking my glasses off and stitching with naked eyeballs (my contacts and cheaters stopped working a few months ago), but I can listen and enjoy the film just the same.

Thank you, as always, for your love, support, encouragement, prayers, and happy thoughts.  I am still completely gobsmacked by the generosity of this family of ours.

Dreams of Stewey last night...and he was able to talk!  At one point I said "Oh, Stewey!  I can't believe I get to see you again and that you can talk to me!" and he said "That's what heaven is all about, Mo-ther!" And he snuggled up next to me and patted my hand with his little paw and I noticed that he still smelled like baby shampoo and that his leg was all better.

Oey...they really should make pills for this!

So Happy Tuesday, Dearies! We're off like a herd of turtles around here...hope you are much the same!

18 comments:

  1. tears...... i'm glad you got to talk to Stewey. that makes everything right in my book. Have a good day! I think good thoughts of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know,that I have company in talking to lost loved ones. Hang in there, Coni. This.too, will pass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet dream. Makes the day just lovely. Hope your arm is feeling better today. I know exactly what you mean about your glasses and the cheaters no longer doing their jobs. I have to take mine off too. I put in my Rosemary & Thyme dvd's and just listen and stitch away. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your PS piece is looking good, Coni. I hope your arm is less sore today. Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni, have you tried a lighted magnifier? I got one about a year ago and it totally changed my stitching life. For the first time in years I could watch TV and stitch at the same time (and I'm only 44). I keep my glasses on my face (which have bifocals) and just look through the magnifier to stitch. I do prefer the magnifiers that are 5" as they give you a bigger window to look through than the 3" ones. You can purchase one on amazon for about $70.

    Example stitching light on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Light-View-Magnifying-Clamp/dp/B06WWP4VKB/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1522177510&sr=8-13&keywords=lighted+magnifier+for+needlework

    I have a lot of upper body difficulties due to an autoimmune disease and getting a Lowery Workstand was also one of the best decisions I ever made. Between that and the light I was able to really enjoy my stitching again, despite significant disabilities. Unfortunately lowery stands are over $300 and not everyone can afford them. I saved for years and now that I have one I wish I'd have gotten one 20 years ago. Given how much you enjoy stitching, it might be worth it to invest a bit of money in your set up if you can at all swing the expense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to Violet!! She is so right!! I have significant physical problems as well, and the lighted magnifier and some type of floor stand is the bomb!! You might need to suggest these to that sweet Jersey Boy for a birthday or other gift. There are many lighted floor magnifiers. Just do plenty of research. And there is a FB page discussing various floor stands and stitching frames, etc.

      Delete
  6. I just checked and Lowery workstands are a little cheaper now. They are $171 for the stand...shipping and accessories (I like the lamp bracket to hold the lighted magnifier) would cost more. I live in MN and sewandso had my stand to me in about 10 days.

    https://www.sewandso.co.uk/product/lowery-workstand-with-side-clamp-powder-coated-silver-grey/967429

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I need to take off the bifocals to stitch also, which means TV is an incomprehensible blur. But I agree, great bright light helps. Someone should intervene now with me. I decided to start a full-coverage project recently, and the magnifier light is essential. Keeping you in prayers Coni, and very happy you have your JB at your side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a heavenly dream about Stewey. I'm glad you're being good to yourself. What a peaceful time in the Happy Chair! Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome dream1 Your sweet boy! Loves his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to see you are relaxing & taking care of yourself. Hug that Jersey boy for us...he is def a keeper! I'll be praying for you tonight that your session tomorrow goes better than any other you have had to date. Remember to ask for help...take care of our Coni for us! xoxo
    s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do take care, Coni. Prayers tomorrow goes with no hitches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love hearing about your visit from Stewey! I really do believe dreams of our loved ones are a visit from them. He loves you from where he is now. Love never ends. I hope you had a lovely, peaceful, pain free day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is to hoping your next session of dialysis is better! You are one courageous lady Coni!! I think dream visits from our pets are their way of letting us know they haven`t forgotten us. I often dream about my baby dogs, I loved and miss them all. I hope you had a productive and fun stitchy day. Very little stitching going on here because of a sinus infection and headaches, but this too shall pass. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you dream of Stewey...makes my heart sing for you!🌷❤🌷

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had a dream of Stewey <3 That just makes me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delighted to see you have more than one wit in this post, Coni, the other one must have been lonely. Ha, ha.
    Moira from Cobourg, Ont.

    ReplyDelete