Feb 6, 2018

TUESDAY TUESDAY

Absolutely nothing to report today, Dearies.

Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.

I came home from dialysis, made dinner, ate dinner, and promptly fell asleep in the Happy Chair with my project in hand.  We started watching a movie, but I think I was out before the opening credits had finished.

Today I am hungover, which is quite normal apparently, so for the next few minutes I'm just going to get my wits about me, read the paper, attempt the puzzles, and then get on with the day.  My eye is much much better thanks to drops and me keeping my hands away from my face, and I have taken your good advice and ditched the bargain tissues until such time as I need them occasionally rather than every four and a half seconds.

I am, however, happy to report that it really was just a good old fashioned head cold, and that my decision to say "No, thank you" to the arsenal of antiobiotics and whatnot that the team wanted to throw at me was the right one.  The last thing I need to do right now is develop a resistance to things that will eventually save me...right?

All in all, nothing to complain about in these here parts.  Jersey Boy has left for the office, I am doing a little laundry and enjoying the quiet, and the sun looks like it wants to shine on the newly fallen snow.  

Not bad for a Tuesday, indeed!


10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this, Coni. It can be good to have nothing to report. Relax and enjoy your day❣️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in a while it is SO good to have those quiet times... ordinary times. Laundry, hot cuppa, puzzles/games and peace. It does a body and a soul good. Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing here. going into week three of flu and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom heads to Mayo next week to find out the next step in dealing with her kidney issues and we're hoping they will go ahead and authorize our family to start testing for transplant.
    Take it easy today and just enjoy a nothing much day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, prayers, and hopes for a happy outcome! Tell your mom...from one kidney warrior to another..."You got this, girl!"

      Delete
  5. I hope you had a restorative day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another alternative to tissue is Boogie Wipes. In the baby section, they are soft and not irritating to the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of tissues with lotion, but Puffs with lotion are a nose saver when you're sick!! I'm still getting over the crud - and my nose isn't chapped or sore.

    ReplyDelete