Nov 11, 2017

PRE GUILD SPINSTER BLISS



The frost is on the pumpkin this morning, and Rich and I are having some coffee before I get myself together and head to the library for Hoosier Heartland.

(I was going to say that Rich and I are having some damn good, but this is a family show after all, and based on some of the frisky emails I've received...minds wander.)

We did have fun at the Notre Dame/Penn State hockey game last night.  Hot dogs and dietCokes were on the menu, but I was shocked to discover that dietCoke just ain't what it used to be!  I knew that it might taste a little different after all this time, but it was...unrecognizable.  

I. Was. Crushed.

As you know from reading this here blog, my love affair with dietCoke goes back quite a way.  It was my constant sippy cup companion, and got my through many sleepy afternoons.  I don't think I drank TOO much of it...maybe two cans a day...but quitting it was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Now it turns out that I wasn't missing anything after all, so I can go back to a life sans dietCoke and stop shedding tears when the commercials come on the TeeVee.

I have promised myself some time in the cube room studio this afternoon.  Things have gone awry in there and we are starting to use it as a depository for things we don't know what to do with.  That simply has to change, since I promised myself that the loss of my big studio from the house would not result in chaos.

Christmas stitching is still on the brain, but not yet in the q-snaps.  We're doing an ornament today in Guild, so that might just be the perfect starting point!

That's it for now...better get ready to scoot so I'm not late for my stitchy sissies!


8 comments:

  1. Oh Coni, thanks for the chuckle about the dietCoke. Have a good outing to library guild today. Look forward to seeing what you created at guild. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Coca-Cola fan I can understand how hard it must have been to quit your fav drink. Maybe Diet Coke hasn`t changed, but your taste buds have? After substituting more natural drinks, perhaps your taste buds are rejecting the artificial sweetener. That stuff is just awful IMO, and very bad for you. I choose to drink regular coke and just be careful how much I have. I hope your day is wonderful and stitchy and everything good. xxoo Mj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to read yesterday's edition...sounds as though you are living in the moment and relishing every one of them.
    Brava! MJ is correct...you have cultivated your taste for
    the natural.. Have a grand day at Guild today and pace yourself in the studio.. Looking forward to your Christmas
    selections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a WONDERFUL Saturday. :) Love your plans for the day. Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you had a grand time today at guild. Please share a picture of your ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~mj~ has it right - diet Coke hasn't changed, your taste has, and for the better. I also quit drinking soda (diet and regular) and now regular is ghastly sweet and diet is ghastly chemically. At least now you can kick diet Coke out of your head and turn that space over to important things, like the things taking over the stitching room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~mj~ has it right - diet Coke hasn't changed, your taste has, and for the better. I also quit drinking soda (diet and regular) and now regular is ghastly sweet and diet is ghastly chemically. At least now you can kick diet Coke out of your head and turn that space over to important things, like the things taking over the stitching room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how soda tastes different when you've gone without for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete