Oct 6, 2017

HOCKEY AND CHEESEBURGERS...SPINSTER DATE NIGHT

I was decidedly unwell last evening....probably just a disagreement with something I ate, but it made for a rather unpleasant night of no stitching and then tossing and turning.  I feel much much better this morning, though, and am really looking forward to dinner and a Notre Dame hockey game.

As I told Misses Charlene and Jane...if nothing else, you have to give Rich credit for getting me back on campus and wearing my ring again.  I was so mad at my beloved ND and had decided that I was finished with them, but going back to Mass and trips to the Grotto have reminded me that there is still some gold under all that tarnish.

Today will be a quiet day once I gather my wits.  I intend to sit in the Happy Chair and stitch while catching up on all of the TeeVee shows I am too embarrassed to admit watching to anybody except you...Housewives, Jax and Brittany, Flipping Out...oey.

(If anybody asks, I am a dedicated watcher of public television and all things intellectual, OK?)

So that's it for today, Dearies.  We seem to have made it through another week, with the weekend here upon us.  I hope that it finds you well, in the company of somebody you love, and with needle and thread in hand...stitching to your heart's content if that's your thing!

Thank you for the lovely notes about my new profile picture...I'm trying not to loathe my photograph so much (which I suppose is my whackadoodle way of saying I'm trying not to loathe my own face, too!)

(They really should make pills for this.)




21 comments:

  1. I love the new picture! You have gorgeous hair Coni! And a very sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you talking about? Your face is perfect and that head of beautiful full, thick, soft curls hair is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed the new picture this morning. You look great, and you're happy. All you've got to do is get the kidneys sorted and nothing will be able to stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the new photo. :+} Enjoy your evening.

    Sandra in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture!!! I am right there with you on the television shows..I love all that trash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful....inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo is great Coni. And that hair is enviable! I'm back in the days of old ... Andy Griffith, MASH, Murphy Brown, Golden Girls, Taxi .. and have to ask myself why I continue watching what I have already viewed multiple times. No answer yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because that was teevee at its best. I really miss humorous, cleverly written sitcoms.

      Delete
  8. I want your hair! :-) You are beautiful, my dear, both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You bring so much to your friends on your blog. In this sad, evil world, you see things that we can laugh about. I think you are beautiful, smart, witty and those eyes and of course your hair, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great and your hair is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In those eyes I see someone who KNOWS what it is all about
    and still manages to embrace genuine goodness, beauty and
    humor and manages to help us embrace them also, not to mention that new twinkle of love. Stitch away and enjoy
    the game....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pic of my hero!🏡🌹🌺🌻🌼🌷⚘
    MaryO1230

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look wonderful. Such lovely kind eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do any of us (well, most of us anyway) really like photos of ourselves??? I know I don't!!! But you are a beautiful woman, Miss Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, kind eyes and a great smile. I know what you mean about pictures. I've finally realized that the more I begin to like me the easier it is to look at pictures. You are my therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coni, you are beautiful. You've got great cheekbones, and I love your pretty eyes. Don't ever be so hard on yourself. I love your sweet face!
    I wish I lived close by, so I could stitch with you and the Misses. What great times that would be for me...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new photo; gorgeous hair too! Enjoy your weekend. Happy stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new picture!! You are beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at you, Coni! You look fabulous! Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Coni, you are beautiful and your hair is amazing! Your complexion is perfect too ♥️ I love seeing a real pic of you...thanks

    ReplyDelete