Aug 15, 2017

COMPENSATING IS FOR THE BIRDS (NO PUN INTENDED)



I forgot how much fun it is to compensate a stitch around a differently colored part of the canvas.  Ugh.  But with a little deep breathing and a whole lot of patience...it's starting to get there!

I'm struggling with a major issue at the moment...one in which my heart wants to jump right in and try to fix it, while my brain is holding the leash...trying to remind me that my heart is not exactly the best decision maker lately.  So I called Miss Charlene...my voice of reason...and she very calmly and patiently talked me off the ledge.

(Every spinster should be required to have a Miss Charlene in their life...right up there with a fearless disposition, a Happy Chair, and a sherpa to help them carry things that are heavy.)

So today I think I will do a few household chores, float a bit in the pool, and then head to grocery guild in the evening.  Tomorrow night, church guild is meeting for dinner at a great restaurant in Elkhart, and then on Saturday we're stitching with Missie Jane again!  

August is quite the stitchy adventure!

The Fal Basket of Stitchy Fun has been assembled over and over again in my head.  Now I just need to head into the studio and start assembling!

Happy Tuesday!  


11 comments:

  1. What a great week of fun you have on the calendar. Love it. Love the progress on the birdie, and the idea of more pool time.
    My adventure on the Midway is finally going to happen, 4:45 PDT, we start the fun with a tour (been there, done that when I could get around much better than now) which should be a challenge, then on to the fantail for a dinner party. Cannot wait. Hubby is packing up the briefcase to head off to his meetings, which means I get to stitch in relative peace and quiet (I think the ankle biter family is out to breakfast, and hopefully off for a day of sightseeing, or even better, headed home). I shall time meds to maximize my abilities to endure the Midway tour late this afternoon...and really enjoy some geeky company this evening.

    Have a fantastic day ....prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having a good time with all your stitching fellowship this month! Enjoy the pool and have fun with the bird later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you are right, Coni. I wish I had a Miss Charlene. :) Your stitching is just as amazing as ever. Hope you have some pool time today. Have fun with your stitchy schedule. :) Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's hard to listen to a voice of reason over the one from within, especially if involves someone close to you. What is best for another isn't always the right thing for you. I hope you choose the right path on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start! Compensating may not be fun, but so worth it. Sounds like you have fun times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so.....what do you mean by "Compensate a stitch"? I'm hoping to learn a new trick today. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not Coni (LOL) but my understanding of compensating means when you have a stitch that would normally cross more than one square but, if you made it "whole" it would cross into another color. So you have to somehow change the large stitch to not interfere.

      For example, in the picture, it looks like Coni is doing diamond shaped stitches (sorry - I mostly cross stitch, not needlepoint, so I don't know what they are called), but if you look at the right leg of the blue bird, it would go right over the leg. So she has to somehow "compensate" with the diamond to leave room for the leg.

      I hope that (kind of at least) makes sense.

      Delete
    2. Yes...that makes sense. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Hope you and Miss Charlene have resolved the dilemma and
    foregone the fretting... Splendid plans for the week... lots of mingling and camaraderie...Love the way the Bird
    is coming along...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start! Compensating may not be fun, but so worth it. Sounds like you have fun times ahead.\

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome! Hope you had fun with your guild buddies!

    ReplyDelete