May 29, 2015

STITCH. RIP. CURSE. REPEAT.

Ahhhhh, welcome back, old friend neurosis.  I got myself completely stumped on this piece and couldn't figure out why the stitches weren't matching up.  Turns out, I was off by one lousy little stitch in the striped section, and it threw the whole lot off.

A few hours of ripping and re-stitching and I'm back in the saddle.

And yes, I really did try to compensate rather than rip, but this is me we're talking about and I just couldn't stop the screaming in my head...



12 comments:

  1. I couldn't stop the screaming in my head. Classic! You got this Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking beautiful, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great! An unfortunately sometimes we just can't compensate based upon the design and have to rip...err, I mean "reverse stitch" the piece so that it will look just right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work, great colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I hate the dreaded unsewing too. My present cross stitch project is off by one block in the lower right side. It is a bird's nest, so I'm convincing myself to leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful...the colors are gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the suffering we endure for our "craft". You know, the "hobby" that's SUPPOSED to help us "relax"? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, who is the designer and what is this pattern called? Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work it's great to see you stitching again

    ReplyDelete