Nov 14, 2012

A FUTZINGDAY REPORT FROM MASTER STEWEY ANGUS WILLOWSWAMP, HIS VERY LITTLE SELF

Harvest Moon House
 Laura J. Perin Designs 

 I think that this house is taking Mo-ther longer to build than an actual house would.  At first I suspected that the old lady had lost some of her stitchy prowess, but last night as I spied on her during the evening stitching session, I observed that she was relishing every single poke of that needle through the canvas.  I'm sure it has something to do with the whole "Let's See How Long We Can Practice Moderation"  vibe that she's got going on lately, but seeing how she has never really stuck with anything for longer than a hot minute in her life, methinks she'll be back to staying up until all hours in no time.

Let's face it, kids.  Moderation is definitely NOT in her wheel house.

As for me, I have had a delightful day of sun bathing and squirrel watching.  The little fellas are rather skinny this year, so I'm hoping that an overabundance of bird food in the back patio feeders will prepare them adequately for what's to come this winter.

Speaking of which. I must cut this short.  The furnace repairman is here to conduct the annual servicing of things, and I want to talk to him about a lockable thermostat.  I awoke yesterday morning to frigid temps and my idiot mo-ther cackling away like the Mad Woman of Chaillot about frost and pumpkins.  Why she insists on keeping this little hovel like a meat locker, I'll never know.

I hope that things in your corner of the world are splendid and that you are all warm and safe and dry.  I shall report again soon, but know that in the meantime I remain your faithful and devoted friend.

With love from your pal,
Stewey

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stewey,
    Tell Mother to purchase you an electric blanket and a Duraflame electric heater with the glass doors (it looks just like real fire), all to put in your little Stewey house, you will be nice and toasty!
    Amy from Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Stewey! I am sure she keeps it cooler than you would like to keep costs down. Do what my cats do and curl up under some blankets. That'll keep ya warm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you Stewey! Mother's Harvest Moon looks fabulous, naturally! She is such an inspiration to all of us, you need to take good care of her, okay? Big hug and butt scratch to you buddy (Bosco too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your mo-ther all too well. I have trouble with moderation also!

    Also being cold makes you appreciate your blankies all the more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stewey, you are obviously very intelligent and studious, but apparently you haven't done any research on peri-menopause and hot flashes. I am probably 10 years older than your dear mo-ther, but I still suffer from the dreaded hot flashes and keep my house on the cool side also. My poor Reggie didn't want to come out from under the blankets the other morning because it was 56 degrees in the house! I gave in and turned the heater on for the first time this year. So, please try to understand and just find a nice, warm blanket to hide under.

    Love the Harvest Moon House! I will look forward to seeing your Mo-ther's progress photos.

    ReplyDelete