Before we start talking about all of the crap that I didn't do in 2010, let's start thinking about all of the crap that I most certainly will do in 2011.
1. I will sleep with impunity. And if that means that the only reason I leave the confines of my warm and comfy sleighbed is to re-stock the provisions or to use the powder room, then so be it.
2. I will eat with impunity. This means that if hotdogs and lime jello sounds good to me at 8:30 in the morning, then hot dogs and lime jello it shall be.
3. I will watch bad TeeVee with impunity. (I had to put this one in there as a shameless justification for sitting in the Happy Chair until 3am riveted to Celebrity Rehab.)
4. I will wallow in slumps with impunity. Stitchy slumps, exercise slumps, bed-making, laundry folding, dishwasher emptying slumps...anything that slumps will be allowed to grow and fester and morph into a complete way of life without one single bit of guilt, shame, or despair.
5. I will waste time on the internets with impunity...reading anything and everything I want to and writing and not writing anything I don't. I'll catch up on celebrity gossip, will learn all about some whacky and obscure factoid that will only be relevant to me for seven minutes, and I will drool over, ogle, and lust after anything and everything I see on stitchy blogs until my eyeballs bleed with the sheer loveliness of it all.
OK. So that's a good start.
For more of an idea of what's rattling around in my skull with very little brain, go to: http://minnanharrastukset.blogspot.com/2010/11/ristipistohassutus2011.html to see if you might want to join up. I'm seriously thinking about it. But do you suppose that I could decide that 11 would be the magic number instead of 15? (You know...11 for 2011.) (Oh, and that way you get to start 11 new projects and then have one whole month in which you panic over the fact that your started projects now outnumber your non-started projects.) (By a factor of fifteen.)
So give it some thought, won't you? Why don't we all make it the Year of Impunity together?
That way, I won't feel so guilty about never leaving the sleigh bed and eating all of that lime jello.