Jul 20, 2010

SHE'S DECIDED TO START DRINKING RED WINE. PLEASE SEND HELP.

My mom can't come to the blog right now. She and my Aunt Chrissy are working off hangovers of epic proportions. Now, I would imagine that you're assuming that these would be real live hangovers caused by too much alcohol consumption (based upon the title of this post), but I'm afraid to report that they are actually....well...I can't believe that I'm going to tell you all this...

My mother and aunt are experiencing hangovers caused by the marathon viewing of almost every single episode of....the....

Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Yup. You guessed it. My stupid mo-ther and her sister are now knee-deep into the shenanigans of Caroline, Jacqueline, Dina, Teresa, and Danielle.

I can't stand it anymore.

I won't begin to tell you what they're thinking about doing tomorrow night, but let's just say it involved an email from my mom to my aunt with an invitation to a dinner that will consist of Italian sausage, potatoes, onions, and peppers on the grill, accompanied by a bottle of red.

My mother has decided to start drinking red wine.

Apparently she thinks this will get her more in touch with her Italian heritage.

I think it will get her more in touch with the Tylenol bottle.

On the stitchy front, there has been a lot of activity around here, but alas, I do not have any photographs for you. SOMEBODY forgot to re-charge the camera battery, so you'll have to make do with my descriptions.

Mom cleaned the studio to within an inch of its life yesterday, and I'm happy to report that everything is now back in its proper place. She put all of the random charts and threads and kits away and even managed to bring a SMALL basket of goodies downstairs for us to play with.

The new threads arrived for the Maggie canvas, and I heard Mom exclaim "These are EXACTLY what I was hoping for!", so methinks that one might see a little action tonight. She did manage to frog all of the offending beads and threads and I have to confess that it only took a few minutes to do so. I thought it would be an all day affair, but everything came out toot sweet.

Mom started Aunt Laura J. Perin's Daisy Chain last night and I have to say that I think this is my favorite piece in the stitchy basket. The colors are just lovely, and I'm thinking that I will hang this over my little bed after shopping for a new duvet cover to match.

That's the Tuesday report for now, my dear friends. I hope that you are fabulously happy today and that if you're in a steamy area of the big blue marble you're keeping cool and hydrated.

With love from your pal,
Stewey

11 comments:

  1. Personally, I love wine. Arbor Mist to be exact, all flavors except Sangria. Tell Mother to try the Pinot Grigio in Pear. Yummy!!! Real Housewives of New Jersey, huh? I have not watched that yet. I do love me some TV, though. Pretty Little Liars is my newest obsession. Can't wait to see Daisy Chain. I'm sure it will look fab above your bed, Stewey. Hugs and kisses from Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO over RHONJ. Danielle drove me away. I just can't watch that evil person. If the show comes back without her I might tune in again. I would gladly sit through umpity times ten hours of Caroline and her brood sitting in the kitchen talking about grass growing (or watching a ham fight) than sit through 30 seconds of Danielle.

    Italian dinner with my sister (and wine) is called "Friday" in this neck of the woods. Sometimes also known as "Wednesday". Get yourselves some cannoli cake, or just some cannoli, to go with your sausage and peppers and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saussage and Peppers with Potatoes!
    Can I come too? I haven't had that since MY Jersey Days (not the shore, just Essex County)

    And Stewey, Red Wine is an antioxident which may help Mo-ther live longer so she'll have more time to stitch all her lovely charts and canvases. Won't that be super?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stewey - at least she is not watching Big Brother!

    You never know - get a little wine in her and Aunt Crissy and you and Bosco might have to run away!

    Make sure and leave a note before you leave!

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stewey, I hate to say it, but I think that a bottle of red and a Real Housewives marathon sounds like a perfect way to spend an evening. Might I suggest that you just give in and embrace your inner Caroline? Just sit back and watch the craziness happen all around you, while you remember that you are an island of sanity in an insane household. (Personally, I find that I channel Teresa more than I should.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with red wine. I preferthe RHONY. Can't wait tio see Daisy Chain started. I am sure that it will look good above your bed Stewey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't beat the Housewives of New Jersey! Makes you appreciate how minute our problems really are when you have all that drama going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stewey - Don't let Mo-ther flip any tables- she may need an intervention! Just wait until she discovers the Housewives of Beverly Hills and New York. And then later this summer we'll all get to meet the Real Housewives of Washington, DC. Stewey, you really don't know what you're in for! Do we all need to get a life, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all stay cool there too! And if you chill the red wine, it may help to take the sting out of the heat! Can't wait until the camera battery is charged so we can see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. bliss, pure bliss.
    I do love your posts and your unique mastery of the english language.
    Thank you.
    (and I've never heard of that TV show - probably will never grace the screen in this household - not while the MOTH has his mits all over the remote control.

    Thank you so much for the chuckle.
    love your work
    bronny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stewey, it sounds like all systems GO over there on the stitchy front. WOO HOO! Maybe your mo-ther can embroider a matching duvet for your bed?

    Tonight's planned dinner sounds FAB, wish I could be there!

    Drink lots of water today. :O)

    ReplyDelete