Here's what's on her TO DO list:
- Take down all of the Christmas decorations.
- Retrieve the appropriate storage receptacles from the garage and then insert said Christmas decorations into said receptacles.
- Organize the garage shelves where said receptacles are stored.
- Fluff up the guest room, dust and sweep it thoroughly, and remove excess crap from the bed. (This is in the event that my Aunt Chrissy wants to come over for a marathon Stitchy/West Wing evening.)
- Clean the guest bath, since I've decided to creep in there every now and then (and you never know what will be lurking for you on the rug).
- Do the laundry. All of it.
- Put the laundry away. All of it.
- Change our bed. (I really mean it, mo-ther. I demand freshly pressed bed linens or I'm going to find a new place to snuggle at night.)
- Dust. Everything.
- Clean the floors. All of them. Especially the area around the drapes.
- Wash the drapes. Again.
- Fix me a snack and put my Prince blanket back on my perch. (Might I suggest boef bourguignon and a sassy little Chianti?)
- Shovel the ice off of the front walkway so that the UPS man won't sue you when he hurts an ACL slipping his way to the front door to deliver something stitchy that you ordered but didn't need and promised you wouldn't buy now that your needlework stash is valued at a dollar figure more than the home in which we live.
- Take a shower, shave those legs, and do something about that unsightly mustache that makes me want to say "MISTER Mommie, I presume?"
- Give me cookies. Lots of them.
I, of course, will be camped out on my perch watching the squirrels eat the sunflower seeds out of the bird feeders. Damn squirrels.
Here's my list for the day:
- Stretch and yawn.
- Watch the damn squirrels.
- Nap some more.
- Pee on drapes.
- Eat cookies.
I do hope that your day is as productive as I'm sure my mo-ther's will be. (What can I say? If she doesn't get up off of her big fat heiney and do what I've asked methinks there will be consequences that she'll find most unpleasant.)
Stitch something fabulous!
With love from your pal,