Mar 29, 2009

GET ME SOME PEANUTS, WILL YA?

My mom can't come to the blog right now. She's busy running around the house in her slippers and robe singing "Take Me Out Mr. BallGame" at the top of her lungs. This wouldn't be so bad, except the old lady could break glass with that voice. Geeze, Louise. Why couldn't she have opted for singing lessons as a kid rather than a trip to the local Dairy Mart?

I was all snuggled in for a night of watching the Sex And The City movie on HBO, but mom flipped over to some old cable station instead and started watching something called "For Love of the Game". All I know is that it had an opening montage' of this guy and a bunch of baseball players walking through an airport all decked out in Armani suits:I could have lived with that...but did they have to put it in slow motion? My mom kept hitting the reverse button on the remote thingie, so I had to watch the damn thing about a hundred times before she went to go get a cold cloth for her head. Spinsters. I swear.

As for my favorite movie montage....I used to be completely fascinated by the fashion montage in The Devil Wears Prada. You know, when Andy gets her make-over and then they play the Madonna song and show her going to work in about 20 fabulous outfits. I used to pop my little head up from under the blanket every single time that thing came on. I think I secretly lusted for the Chanel boots.

Now, Miss Carrie Bradshaw Her Very Self has me all in a tizzy. I've forsaken my Devil montage for the one in the S.A.T.C. movie where Carrie tries on the wedding dresses. That one leaves me breathless and I could watch it over and over again. (And I will, as soon as the sleeping pills that I put in Mom's cranberry juice kick in.)

We're having a cold and snowy day here in Indiana, which means I will refuse to go outside and will probably pee on the drapes instead. Oh well, a diva's gotta do what a diva's gotta do, right?

I'll make sure Mom updates you tomorrow with her stitchy progress. She's about this close to finishing up the Blackbird Designs "Beyond My Heart", so I don't want to interrupt her progress. I've decided that I'd like to hang that in my little bedroom, so the sooner she gets it finished, the sooner I can head to Michael's with my coupon.

So that's it for today, kids. Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you and yours are warm and safe and dry!

Love,
Stewey

10 comments:

  1. Stewey you are so funny.I love when you get on the computer.you always brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to have a good laugh this afternoon as the weather is awful and am not feeling that hot myself either.

    Pierrette =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stewey, I had no idea you lusted so for human ladies! Or did you just wanna chew on those Chanel boots? You won't be surprised when I tell you that "For Love of the Game" is another one of those movies that make me cry. Don't tell your mom ... she already knows I'm a sap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stewey
    Your the man. Hope you got to stay warm today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stewey, you are the best. You will just have to live with Mom lusting after these hunky guys... I mean really who couldn't go for that hunk!

    happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stewey, you just completely crack me up. What a wonderful way to start my week. Keep slipping Mom those sleeping pills so you can get on the computer, you naughty boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that montage in Devil wears Prada. As for Kevin Costner eye candy - nothing comes close to seeing him in No Way Out. Mmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. stewey , you always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Coni .... errr Stewey: Yeah, we had snow, too. I'm beyond sick of the stuff. Looking forward to your stitching progress .... errr Coni's stitching picture -- I am commententing to a dog ... and can he read???

    ReplyDelete