Sep 13, 2017

A LITTLE STITCHING ON THE EVE OF FUTZINGDAY...

My photographic skills, alas, are abysmal, but I did manage to stitch a bit last night.

I also managed to watch another two episodes of Outlander, but I fell asleep midway through the second, so I'll have to re-watch it tonight.  It only took me a week, but I learned that it's OK to sit in my Happy Chair and stitch while my friend watches TeeVee.

(He requires no supervision whatsoever to do so, and probably enjoys the break from me sitting on the couch staring at him, trying to anticipate his every want, need, and desire.)

I'm not sure of the connection, exactly, but I am missing my Stewey fiercely today.  I can't seem to keep the tears at bay, so I'm running to the coffee pot every five minutes to hide the ugly cry so that my friend doesn't discover just how truly whackadoodle I am.  I keep wishing Stewey were here to provide you with witty commentary or to be the voice of reason when my head starts spinning with the events of this new life I seem to have fallen into.

Oey...it's no wonder my head hurts.  I should re-think taking that prescription, no?  Maybe it would knock me out and turn this punky little brain of mine off for a bit.

Today will be quiet, I hope.  A bit cloudy and cool for pool activities, but I'm sure that the afternoon will hold yet another adventure with my Jersey Boy.  He is adamant about getting out for a bit of fresh air in the afternoon.  Yesterday was a trip to the Targets and the Dairy Queen.  Today...who knows?

I hope this finds you all well and happy today, Dearies.  Do something...you know.


10 comments:

  1. Needles and Black CatSeptember 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM

    Sweetest Stitchy Friend, your recent posts have made me so happy, especially given how heartbreaking some of your past ones have been. I've been pulling for you as I wept with you and missed Stewey with you. If I lived closer and were not a cancer survivor, I would have offered you a kidney (I do have two after all but they're a bit shopworn). I have sneaking suspicion that Stewey has allied with the powers that be on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, ordered the better angels to stand in formation to capture all the prayers and good wishes sent forth for his Mommie, and orchestrated the return of Mr-Wonderful-Jersey-Boy into this moment in time. Let it be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree...

    Kinga

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Jersey Boy has ever read your blog, he knows you're a little whackadoodle, so why hide it? :) News flash: Men like to feel needed.

    True story. Hubby and I met at work about a year after my first husband passed away. It's in my nature to put up a strong front for everybody, so for a long time, he thought I was emotionally too tough (withdrawn?) for him. One day, something set me off and I cried and cried on his shoulder, and Hubby says that's when he knew that I really trusted him. (Funny, I could have told him that I did long before that.) And that was when he started planning on marrying me. Actually asking me came quite a bit later, but he can pinpoint the actual moment he made up his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good progress on RVC, Coni! I hope your Futzing Day goes well; perhaps a little stroll around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your day went better than mine. I woke up with a headache. Meds took the pain away, but apparently not the brain fog, as I realized when I arrived at work with 2 different sandals on my feet. Which were quite obvious as I was wearing a dress :-(

    Susan (aka Anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Dairy Queen, a head ache remedy I could get used to! Sounds like life is quite blissful at CS2. You deserve every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stewey is opening a door that you partially closed when you lost him...I suspect that now that you are willing to
    risk love again, the vulnerability and feelings you gave
    to Stewey are resurfacing and you are being put in mind of
    him more than usual and releasing some of the grief that
    you were able to block behind the door. Perhaps this is a
    working through of the grief and you are finding some closure. Could you not arrange some of his heavenly messages of wit to come through on occasion? He always could make you smile and us laugh and he may still have much to say. Hope you find out what is causing your headache and get it treated, so you can fully enjoy being with Mr. Jersey shore.....



    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased for you, Coni. The new man sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. RELAX!!!! He wouldn't be around if he didn't enjoy your lively conversation & Coni, you are beautiful! I've seen your picture and your heart. Just relax & go with the flow, honey. You stitch, he'll watch tv & you get out for fresh air on a daily basis...you'll find your routine with him & it will be lovely! Prayers for your heartache & tears. Sometimes when things are going well, we miss even more what we once had (as with Stewey). It just shows how very much you loved him.Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto on everything Connie said above. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete