Mar 28, 2017

SHOPPING MY STASH LIKE A BOSS, MY DEARS...LIKE A BOSS!



I just KNEW that box of DMC would come in handy one day!  I recently came across the chart Good in Everything by Rosewood Manor.  I was particularly struck by the quote:

And this, our life,
Exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees,
Books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones,
And Good in everythiing.
--Wm Shakespeare

Talk about hitting something on the head!  So I got to thinking about starting it, and after a few minutes pawing through my stash, I came up with all but two of the called for colors and two different pieces of fabric that will work. (I pulled doubles of the floss because that's how I roll...but this does call for 90 different colors).  So now all I have to do is put my shoes and socks on and head to the Michael's for a whopping purchase of about a buck sixty and this will be completely kitted up!

(I'm going to stitch this on 28ct, so I needed a piece at least 18 X 27... which is the exact size of the lighter linen.  The roll is 20 X 24 and I could probably make it work, but I'll save that for another day.)

Who, I ask you, could possibly be happier than me?!

So that's what I'm doing today.  What's happening in your neck of the woods?


7 comments:

  1. Knock it out of the ballpark! Can you tell I'm looking forward to b-ball season?

    Many questions about your Ink Circles finish - so darn beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quote, and a lovely design as well. Go you for having all but two colors! (*90* colors of floss?? Yikes!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had all that floss? Wow! Can I come over to play in your studio?!? How fun to pull it all and how organized you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love putting together the next project! Wonderful quote. Can't wait to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ambitious lady, you leave me in the dust...leap forward...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pile of thread makes me so happy! Really looking forward to seeing your progress on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Rosewood Manor patterns.

    ReplyDelete