Jul 22, 2016

BLECH...

And just like that...we fell back to Earth.

Stewey and I were happily enjoying our tea and toast this morning when Bosco came bounding into the dining room.

"Aunt CJ!  Cousin Stewey!  The new uniforms are here!  Can I get one?!  Can I? Can I?"

And with that, he bounded right back out of the dining room to resume his cartoon watching.

"What do you suppose that was all about, Mo-ther?" Stewey asked, as he peered over the Times.

A few minutes later and I was reminded why I have such a love/hate pathology with my semi-beloved alma mater.  I give you the 2016 Shamrock Series uniforms, as unveiled yesterday to horrified alumni and salivating pre-pubescent mouth breathers alike:

Once again, I am left to feel like the proverbial old lady hollering about the world going to hell in a handbasket and why oh why can't you damn kids just stay off the grass?  I get it...I'm not exactly what you'd call the target demographic for this stuff, but what nineteen year old really loves the color of...shower mold?  

Oh well, at least we won't have to worry about the dry cleaning bill if the damn things get dirty.  These dun-colored monstrocities should hide whatever messes the team decides to roll around in quite nicely, unlike the Stapuft Marshmallow Man get ups from a few years ago:

Oey...back to breakfast and the newspaper.  Maybe I can read a nice article about the Republican national convention or global warming to calm down...

25 comments:

  1. Rather ugly...poor Bosco, he really has not learned from Stewey...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to ask my kiddos what they think about the color "shower mold"!! I love the way you see the world in your own unique way! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no opinion on the color of these uniforms .. but you absolutely cracked me up reading this!! You and your boys are a hoot! Bless you for sharing life with us on such a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother graduated from there in 73 when more civilized colors blue an gold were the norm not baby poop and gold not even gold yellow

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother graduated from there in 73 when more civilized colors blue an gold were the norm not baby poop and gold not even gold yellow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, they certainly aren't blindingly bright colors, are they??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Coni, thanks for the chuckle. It is too bad they couldn't come up with something in between photo #1 and photo #2. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the players aren't that blah when they hit the gridiron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the players aren't that blah when they hit the gridiron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the players aren't that blah when they hit the gridiron :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha ha ha ha... Oh... I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be laughing, but it was just too cute. Love, hugs and prayers, Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Coni,
    Interesting color scheme. Hmmm. And I'm with Mary; if you're looking for a 'nice article' to read, I'd steer clear of ANYTHING involving the RNC!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unbelievably ugly. So was the Republican convention. Go Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Recycle them for drapes and let Stewey have at it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those uniforms are awful, why do teams do this? I hate professional leagues when they do throwback uniforms, you just ask why?

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I wanted to find hate for a political party I wouldn't be reading this blog and especially when I support the republican party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. On my computer they look pink and gray?????? What in the world???

    ReplyDelete
  18. It might be interesting to investigate the committee who chooses the colors for the Golden Domers. Paula, pink and gray on my computer monitor also. Not a pretty sight, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What the H E double hockey sticks??? Oh ugh! ....and the tails on those numbers. Geesh!

    You need some serious stitching and a vat of Diet Coke to get over that...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was kinda liking it until you mentioned the shower mold. Now that is all I can think about :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, that is nasty and I agree about the old one. They looked like long johns. Thankfully I went to a small university who has not felt a need to change the gaudy orange that they have had for .....years.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My mother would have described that colour as 'Baby's First Attempt'!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My very first reaction to the colors of the uniform was: "Looks like what I'd find in a baby's diaper!"....and I guess I wasn't the only one thinking that way, from the posts I read above. What's so wrong with just sticking to navy and gold?? So classy!

    ReplyDelete