Feb 7, 2016

SUNDAY SPINSTER BLISS

Oh, what a lovely day yesterday!  I came home from my stitchy outing and fell into a blissful four hour nap...dreaming about projects and threads and the sheer joy of being allowed at the cool kids' table.  These ladies are so extraordinary -- funny and smart and generous and talented and kind.  How blessed can one poor old lonely spinster be to have them in her life?

I made a minor adjustment to "Blossoms" by moving a couple of crocheted snowflakes around.  The piece seemed unbalanced to me, but now I think it's a little better:
I think I'm going to get this one into a frame this week, and as luck would have it, I might have everything I need right here in the studio!  Who's happier than me?

Next is an almost FeeNee.  As soon as I sign off here today I will attach the beads and then we can call this one completely finished.  Oh, what fun this was!  I am contemplating having it made into a dimensional padded wreath:
Laura J. Perin 
Valentine Wreath
18ct. ecru mono canvas with gold sparkles
Threads per the chart: DMC perle, Threadworks perle, Petite Very Velvet, ribbon floss

Stewey and I are having a lazy lazy Sunday and then it's off to the races next week.  I have lots of appointments and laundry, and I'm starting a job search after being "retired" all these years.  Wish me luck...the wardrobe alone should prove to be very interesting!

If you're doing the Super Bowl thing...may your dip be spicy, your favorite team win, and may you travel safey home with lots of winnings in your pockets!  As for me...I'm watching it for the commercials!


13 comments:

  1. Both are lovely finishes Coni! I just finished making some dips for the Super Bowl...just my DH and me and another friend but DH must have his favorite junk foods :). I'm rooting for Peyton Manning today. Good luck in your job search, I've been thinking of looking for some contract work since retiring last year from my job of 20 years...but it's kinda scary since I haven't looked for a job in decades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Coni, these are two gorgeous pieces, how clever you are. Good luck with the job search and yes, my husband is taping the SuperBowl today so we will be "watching" it tonight (I will probs watch Netflix on my laptop with my headphones on - lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. ...Both pieces. Job search? ! Does Stewey know about this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, they are both great! Enjoy your lazy Sunday. I am having one too, only because I have a cold. Good luck on your job search. Oh yes, the wardrobe is an issue I am facing too since I am also job searching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a fabulous outing with your stitching pals! Look forward to seeing Blossoms framed and the Hearts turned into a padded wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both pieces are beautiful! Good luck with the job search.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching on both pieces! And good luck job hunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pieces Coni! So glad you have some stitchy friends! They make all the difference in the world, don't they? Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pieces Coni! So glad you have some stitchy friends! They make all the difference in the world, don't they? Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Job Search? What are your skills? I know the HOA industry (Homeowners Associations) is always looking for help. Try one near you!
    Ruth in Oxnard

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the Valentine Wreath finished as a padded piece. I am stitching this also and wanted to do the same finishing...course, mine is taking much longer to stitch! Yours is beautiful...looking forward to seeing padded product.
    Marylou Bernasek

    ReplyDelete