Oct 14, 2008

A POST FROM MASTER STEWEY ANGUS WILLOWSWAMP HIS VERY LITTLE SELF

My mom can't come to the blog right now. She's too busy meeting with the carpenter that's going to widen all of the doorways in our house to accommodate her big fat head. She's been dancing around the house since last night in her big girl underpants and moo moo singing something about being queen of the universe. I haven't seen her this happy since I peed on the bathroom scale and fried its little brain.
So last night we were settled in the Happy Chair getting ready for some stitchy fun when the phone rang. I would have answered it, but ever since I got caught dialing 1-900 numbers, I'm grounded. So Mom picks up the phone and before I knew it, she knocked me off the chair and started bouncing around the room like her heiney was on fire.
The caller was Ms. Laura J. Perin Her Very Self. Nope. I'm not kidding. I snuck into the bedroom to pick up the extension, but I'm sorry that I did. My mother made such a boob of herself and babbled on like a freakin' idiot. I was embarrassed for her, but there was no way to tell her to just SHUT UP! So Mom and Ms. Laura J. talked and talked and I decided to just listen in to see if the conversation would turn to me.
Just when I was about to give up all hope, Ms. Laura J. told my mom that she thinks I should be allowed to be a ladybug for Halloween! I LOVE YOU AUNTIE LAURA! I was so thrilled that I practically peed the bed with delight that my dream, at last, would come true.
When they hung up, Mom trotted into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of champagne from the fridge. She's not normally allowed to open champagne without adult supervision, but I couldn't get back to phone in time to call my Aunt Chrissy. I swear the cork just about put my eye out!
I was sooo tired, but I just couldn't get the old lady to settle down and go to bed. I finally gave up at about 3am and headed for the sack to get some shut eye. I think Mom made it to bed shortly after that, because the snoring started at about 4:00 and didn't let up until I woke her up to let me out to go potty. Stupid Mommy. Doesn't she know not to celebrate things on weeknights?
As if all of this weren't bad enough, today I found a note taped to my pillow asking me to blog about Mom's latest Happy Dance. (As if we didn't' have enough dancing around here last night!)
This is a painted canvas by the artist John Johansen. Mom started this all the way back in 2006 and finally finished it last night. This one gave her a lot of angst because she decided early on to do it all in tent/half-cross/continental/basketweave stitch. She got about 3/4 of it done and started to doubt the decision to keep it simple and let the fibers show detail and texture. Well I happen to think it turned out beautifully, but I'm just a simple puppy. Methinks Mom should frame this and hang it in the dining room near Grandma's pieces. Here's a little detail snap:Well, that's about it for today. Mom has gone back to bed for a nap and I think I'm going to go find a patch of sunshine myself. I hope you're all well and that you have a wonderful day! Thank you all for being so nice to my mom and making her feel so special....it sure makes my job a whole lot easier! Ciao!


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Got any champagne left?

    Jane, toasting you from Chilly Hollow where Dogs Rule

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ... what a special telephone call, definately a champagne moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Coni, I know just how you feel about Laura calling you. I think I'd died and gone to heaven should one of the Richard's sisters call me from Shepherds Bush. What a lovely thing to do--but you do deserve it--you've brought her a ton of business as we all watch your progress on her lovely canvases and get itchy fingers to start our own. Perhaps Stewey and my monster Boo should get together--they are both really great stitchy companions. Which reminds me that I need to put all my stitchy pets on my blog. Thanks. I love reading your blog--it inspires and uplifts me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psst, Master Stewey: Try and keep your owner away from too much champagne-swilling....It's really bad for the tent stitching (heaven help us if she notices any irregular stitching in all that flowery canvas she's so proud of).
    So ix-nay on the ubbly-bay, okay?
    Your Auntie Laura
    P.S.: Has she taken you to to be fitted for your ladybug costume, yet? Be sure to get pictures!!
    And...Katie isn't sure she wants to subject herself to a costume this year...So far, I'm only able to talk her into wearing an orange bandana. Got any ideas for a wire-haired pointer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray for happiness
    you so make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh please "just a simple puppy" you are not !! I love it when I can read a blog and feel the happiness in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stewey, say hi to your mom for me!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. WTG, Stewey, on attempting to keep Mom in line. And for guarding the abode whilst she slept it off! LOL

    A well-deserved happy nip for a great phone call, and a fabulous finish. Please give my kudos to your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Coni that's awesome that you got to talk to Laura and your finish is pretty awesome too! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your mommy is feeling less inebriated today! But, I can imagine how thrilled she must have been to get the call from her heroine.

    You've done a fine job, Stewy, of keeping us up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROTFLMBO...... This was soooo funny. I definitely needed the chuckle. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Stewey, you are the smartest and funniest little dog around, I just love you :)
    Hope your mum has come back down to earth now and has given you loads of yummy treats for blogging so beautifully on her behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just found your blog and I am still laughing. I used to have a Border COllie named "Cam" that occasionally wrote letters for me. But unfortunately he went to Dog Heaven. I now have a soft toy puppy given to me by my grandson in Chicago. He has named her "Nancy, and she will travel with me, wherever I may go. Thanks for makingg my Day.

    ReplyDelete