Sep 29, 2024

THREE YEARS...

Forgive me for repeating words I've already written, but I can't think of a better way to say it.  If you would have told me during the dialysis years that someday I would be celebrating THREE YEARS of a new life, I'm not sure I would have been able to believe it.

But.

A man I never met gave me the gift of a new life. I don't know his name, or his age, or his hometown, or his favorite color, or whether or not he was a husband, a brother, a father, or an uncle...but I know that he was loved, and I know that he was extraordinary.

In my heart I've named him Angel, and his is the first name I mention when I ask God to watch over those that have gone before me, and his gift is one of hundreds that I hope to be worthy of by living a good and grateful life.

Thank you, Dearies, for all of your love and support and prayers and encouragement and good wishes, and for a constant reminder that this life of mine is very blessed, indeed.

And thank you, Angel, for giving me a chance to live it to its very fullest.


2 comments:

  1. We celebrate in your joy and the life ahead for you. Can't believe it has been 3 years....glorious years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Happy 3 Year Anniversary!! And many thanks to Angel for his selflessness. 😇

    ReplyDelete