Apr 1, 2024

THERE WAS EASTER FEASTING. AND IT WAS VERY GOOD.

First, we had to promenade down Fifth in our Easter Bonnet:

And then it was time to find my inner Ina and remember what it was like to futz about in the kitchen:


Before you have a complete cow, Betty...the plate above was for Rich. Mine was significantly scaled down:

(And no...that's not an impertinent little Merlot. It's cranberry juice.)

I am sad to report, however, that the eggs in a nest were just....eh...and will probably not make the next feasting occasion, unless I tart 'em up with cheeses and hams and vegetables.

We're Dyngasing here in Hoosierville today, which means a lot for some, but an excuse to stay inside with stitching and books and lots and lots of damn good for others (Hello, Nice to meet you. I am others.)

Not much else to report, Dearies.

Happy April! Happy Monday! Happy Everything! What are you celebrating today? Come tell me all about it!


5 comments:

  1. I had to look up Dyngasing and found this!
    https://www.newsweek.com/what-dyngus-day-how-should-i-celebrate-1497522
    Happy Dyngus Day to all, however you spell it!

    Susan Anonymouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear an update. Had a lovely Easter service and am spending today with my favorite 6 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast looks awesome! I had hip surgery in January and today I'm going for a walk for the first time. Not a long one, baby steps, but it'll be fun, and I might even have earned an afternoon nap: I've been having a lot of them for no good reason! Hope you both are fit and frisky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both plates looked delicious, Coni. Hope you are both doing okay. What are you stitching on these days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy Easter Coni. Your plate looks lovely. I would need some ham and cheese for nests too! My husband and I hit an Easter buffet at our local botanical gardens. After conducting and/or playing five masses in four days, (and you KNOW how long those Vigils are!) there was no cooking going on here! It was a nice respite from all the work. I hit the stitching hard Sunday and Monday and finished up a big canvas. Off to the framer today!

    ReplyDelete