Dec 12, 2023

NO IDEA WHAT DAY IT IS

I had yet another medical appointment today, and as I was leaving the exam room, spotted this little fella:


Isn't he swell?

Pancreatitis just absolutely positively is on my list of things that I do not recommend, Dearies. Today I feel like I've turned a little corner, but the fatigue and back pain and bloated feeling has me heading right back to the big girl sleigh bed for the duration.

Many of you have asked the hows and whys. Most likely, this little episode is the result of a few different meds that I take for BellyBean. Adjustments have been made, and careful attention is being paid, and this is something I will have to be vigilant about going forward. 

I also need to lay low and stay away from people until I can get my flu shot and covid boosters, which I haven't been able to do because of not feeling well. Getting sick at this point with even a simple head cold would be catastrophic, and I need to stay the heck OUT of hospitals!

So...in the meantime, there is plenty of sleeping to be done, lots of water to be slurped, and a bit of stitching to attempt. I made a little dent on Emily Call's Quilted Snowman, and hope to get back to him this afternoon:


That's it from Hoosierville today! I hope that your neck of the world is exactly as you wish it to be! Are you doing something fun? Come tell me all about it!


15 comments:

  1. Praying for continued improvement and healing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun today, at least not yet. Grocery day, and debating if I should throw some more ornaments on the tree before stashing the box away. *Maybe* some sewing quilt blocks might happen later.

    So sorry about the pancreatitis. I've never had it, but know of a couple people who did. To say "not recommended" is a huge understatement compared to what they said about it. I hope you are well on the way to recovering from it.

    Quilted Snowman is looking good. You have some very pretty stitching accessories to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made and sold small items at craft shows this year, intending to donate the proceeds to my favourite charity. Today, I tallied my takings from 6 shows this fall and am very happy with the results! I have one more little Grinch ornament to finish for someone who ordered 10 of them. And tomorrow, I'll take the car in to get its snow tires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pancreatitis is no fun. I had my third bout of it last August and was in the hospital for 4 days. They pumped me full of so much fluid that I gained 10 pounds (which came off quickly). I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy you're getting better. Listen to your body, rest and take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully you’ll keep improving and be miles past that turned corner by tomorrow! Enjoy the cozy stitching while you recover…I love that pattern! Putting it on my list.
    -nerdgirl nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this Coni...sending you pain free thoughts...take care m'dear...xoxo m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about the pancreatitis, Coni! I hope you continue on the road to feeling better. Listen to your body and rest, rest, rest. Your quilted snowman piece is looking super. Cute dog print! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. While it is not recommended to have, at least you know what it is and what is required to get rid of it! Rest, rest, rest and of course stitch some more. You will be on the men
    d in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Appreciate the update on your condition. I join others in wishing you a strong recovery. I'm working on grandson's stocking (for 2024 finish) and the Caterpillar Crosstitch holiday SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better very soon. I also love seeing the latest things you are stitching! You always have the most wonderful things! I've just ordered the Quilted Snowman pattern for myself --- thank you so much for sharing with us! Now, go get some rest and get well! We all care very much for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful pooch! Those ears ... and the intently staring eyes. He must have been fun to create.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As the saying goes….patience patient. Do so hope to feel better soon. Not one of the fun illnesses ever. Maybe they can alter the medications for something else

    ReplyDelete
  14. God bless and heal you Coni, in Jesus name. I hope that your strength returns soon. It is too hard to stitch in the laying down position. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete