Nov 16, 2023

METHINKS I NEED A DO-OVER

Your Spinster is just a crock pot full of big hot mess this week, Dearies.

At first, I thought it might be a stomach bug thing, but now I'm seriously considering a trip to Dr Campbell's office to inquire about some new meds we've been trying.

I'm just...ugh. Sickety sick sick and mad and miserable and generally very unhappy cow that should be put to pasture far far away from others.

Plus, I just realized that Tuesday was the day that Stewey died, and all I want to do is pull the covers over my head in the big girl sleigh bed and feel his little self snuggle up for a snoozy nap while making the sheets smell like baby shampoo.

Damnit.

I'm going to go wallow for a minute and maybe try a little stitch therapy later. Please carry on without me and do something fun. Back in a flash, I promise.

12 comments:

  1. GAH! Hope you feel better soon!😙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers. Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear. Hopefully new meds, rest & stitch therapy will help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, hope you are feeling better. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass. I'm so sorry you're struggling with the stomach ick. May it soon be better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anniversaries can be so hard! Last year on the fifth anniversary of my son's death, I decided I was simply through with all the crying. I had shed so many millions of tears. Each birthday, death anniversary, Mother's Day, etc., was another horrid reminder. Since I have such a testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Resurrection, I really felt healed. I knew my son was in a better place. So, why should I keep torturing myself and my family? I am not preaching for anyone but myself. Grieving is so individual. I do expect to see all our former pets in heaven and to live with them again, too!

    This week, my husband and I survived our Covid boosters! This is something I had been dreading because it usually is two days of misery. This time around it was really one night of restless sleep with a nasty nightmare. I didn't feel good the next morning but I got showered and then got to work on some quilting. I took a nap, too. Victory over the booster! Yippee!

    I agree with Anonymous because Problems come to pass. They almost usually all leave. We get stronger because of the problems. Of course, I never want problems because if it were up to me, life would always be easy. But, looking back over my long life, it has been the problems that have made me grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear you're feeling so miserable. I hope a change of meds might help. Anniversaries of losing a beloved furry companion are so hard too. Take care of yourself, and I hope you can enjoy some stitching.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had .problems with new meds. Some I was told to stop taking

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you have the energy, start a new, not-too-big project. And no guilt, so what if we flit around with our stitching? I's not like we have to make our own clothing and household linensin this day and age.

    ReplyDelete