Oct 17, 2023

LET'S GO PHILLIES!


 

This is from last night....the first game of the series against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Tonight is game two, but I will be at a Guild meeting so my JB will have to do all of his own hollering.

I should probably explain that I know absolutely NOTHING about the sports, but I'm not shy about hollering my opinions and rules at the TeeVee. For example: I think that it would be a lot more interesting if they installed one of those credit card machines on the sideline, or dugout, or bench, etc and that every time a player made a really bone-headed error they got fined. 

Personal fowl? 

Swipe here. That'll be $10,000 please.

Hit a batter with a pitch?

Well, first of all, he gets to throw it back at you, and then you have to go back and sit on the bench, but after you've swiped your card for $25,000.

At the end of the contest, they would add up all of the money and it would all be donated to the winning team's charity of choice.

Rich finds this completely ridiculous, but I think that when you make a bazillion dollars a year to play a game that you love, when you do it poorly, there should be consequences.

(I think there should be consequences for umpires and referees, too, but their consequences involve cattle prods and dunce caps, so I'm not convinced my argument would pass muster with their unions.)

So...GO PHILLIES! I hope you beat the Diamondbacks with impunity and that everyone has a fun and safe and worthwhile game. If you need me, I'll be with my Guilden Girls having fun with beads!

3 comments:

  1. Bahaha!! Cattle prods and dunce caps made me laugh out loud! I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, I have read your blog for years and years, but never commented before. You are almost always spot on with your comments, and especially re. baseball. I love baseball, but the new rules suck, and I especially agree with cattle prods and dunce caps for the umps when they make bad calls. Go Phils!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be happy to contribute to the cattle prod or electric collar cause. How was guild, Coni?

    ReplyDelete