Oct 26, 2023

I'M A BEADING FOOL


 Because I have a head like a rock, I planted myself in front of the Project That Shall Not Be Named, and I did my level best to learn something.

(Three of my Guild friends and I are piloting a class for EGA. This means that we receive the instruction materials for a potential class offering, and we "guinea pig" it and see if we can provide some feedback .)

(My feedback thus far has been a lot of cursing and hair-pulling, because this "beginning beading" class is...challenging...to say the least.)

The little thingie on the left is another section of a beaded star that I played with first to build my confidence. 

The end results are pitiful, I know, but I'm happy to report that I seem to have mastered the square stitch! Now it's on to herringbone!

6 comments:

  1. Could you tell us about the tray thingie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep practicing, it gets easier. Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are back, hooray they said this blog was no more....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to reread your blog post title as I read it as "I am a reading fool". What is the thingy that your beading is resting on, Coni? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Years ago I discovered that trying to bead in a moving car wasn't a good idea.

    ReplyDelete